Sponsored

Difficult for car to detect key fob?

mikef523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang eco, 17 explorer, 17 Jaguar F-Pace
Wow. My wife took the Mustang to work today, and tossed her purse into the back seat. The car gave the (double horn chirp). Does that indicate that the car didn't recognize the fob, even though it was in the back seat?
I told her to place the keys in that little tray in the front console. Now I am worried she is going to leave them in the car when she gets to work. I have read here that if that happens, and you lock the doors, you can't get back in the car. I texted her and told her to make sure she takes the keys with her when she gets out. I hope she remembers......Or I will be driving to her work later today with the spare key fob.....
Sponsored

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
Wow. My wife took the Mustang to work today, and tossed her purse into the back seat. The car gave the (double horn chirp). Does that indicate that the car didn't recognize the fob, even though it was in the back seat?
I told her to place the keys in that little tray in the front console. Now I am worried she is going to leave them in the car when she gets to work. I have read here that if that happens, and you lock the doors, you can't get back in the car. I texted her and told her to make sure she takes the keys with her when she gets out. I hope she remembers......Or I will be driving to her work later today with the spare key fob.....
Same thing happened to me, key fob in wifes purse. Unfortunately we got locked in. Somehow our cars do not like purses. See full details over this thread.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23349

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
My girlfriend's altima does just fine with her FOB, whenever she takes my car to work same crap! Stupid ford.

NvDiS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
You guys let your wives drive your car? :crazy:

Serious i wonder what materials can easliy block the signal.

OP
OP

mikef523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang eco, 17 explorer, 17 Jaguar F-Pace
You guys let your wives drive your car? :crazy:

Serious i wonder what materials can easliy block the signal.
Right....Especially since my wife's favorite bad habit is to check her side mirrors AFTER she is already changing lanes. (drives me crazy).
It is strange that when the fob is in her purse it is fine if the purse is in the front seat, but she tossed it in the back seat this morning because she had to take our grandson to school before going to work. How can that small bit of difference cause the chirping? The damn fob is still in the car....

Sponsored

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
My partners 2015 F150 is pretty temperamental with fob placement in the truck. If I leave it in my pocket it's fine, if I leave it in one of the cupholders it's fine, but if he's holding the key and he's in the passenger seat, the warning "No Key Detected" will show up on the productivity screen. So I think fob placement in the car matters. Anyone with experience with these sorts of systems can comment on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black6gGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015Mustang GT Premium
It's sensitive to where it is located so that a complete stranger can't walk up and open the door with you in it.in my Jeep the fob must be in 1 of the two front seats or in the cup holder

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
think of a large beach ball centered around the cup holder. that's the range.

So a purse on the far side of the passenger seat, or back seat, I would not expect to work.

kkakonn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
It is pretty sensitive. I had the fob in the drive door compartment with the door open, the car would not start.
Sponsored