Diff pumpkin swap advice and DSS half shafts

blackedouts550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anesti
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Hey guys I have a 2017 mustang gt pp with the 3.73 and am planning on trading the pumpkin with another forum member to get 3.31. Any advice for the uninstall/install? I’ve watched a few videos and read some threads but it seems as if many people are doing the swap with a pumpkin that needs a new pinion flange or just the gears themselves. It seems pretty straight forward in removing and reinstalling but didn’t know if there was any vital parts that could easily mess anything up. I also bought DSS 1400hp halfshafts from someone that were new. Is there anything I should check on them to make sure they’re fine I heard about the bolts coming loose but that was a while ago. Thank you guys in advance!
Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
It's pretty straight forward. Axles coming out might give a little fight, but a bfh will win that fight. If you don't have to swap flanges for manual to auto or vice versa it'll be even easier.

OP
OP
blackedouts550

blackedouts550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anesti
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
It's pretty straight forward. Axles coming out might give a little fight, but a bfh will win that fight. If you don't have to swap flanges for manual to auto or vice versa it'll be even easier.
That’s what I was thinking. Half shafts need to come out. Drive shaft disconnect. 4 bolts and then swap. Thank you for the response!
Sponsored