Sponsored

Deep Tone, Quiet inside the car, NO Drone

15RaceRedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Premium Race Red
Hi Guys -

I had Flowmasters on my '05 Stang and the mufflers back then were 40 Series Delta Flow -and I loved the sound. Deep tone, not raspy, NO Drone.

This is not my video but I liked how this guy's car sounded with the same setup on the 2015 -
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]j0ddlTkeyOI[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

So I ordered just 2 Flowmaster 40 series mufflers (Part# 952547) and 2 Tips (Part# 15395) and had them welded in -- they fit perfect and they sound great on start up and acceleration but may be a bit quiet inside the cabin for some, almost like Stock - NO Drone - but were just what I was looking for.

Note -These are NOT the Super 44 mufflers found on the Flowmaster axleback for the 2015 - which are louder but reportedly have a bit of drone.
flowmaster.JPG
Sponsored

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Hi Guys -

I had Flowmasters on my '05 Stang and the mufflers back then were 40 Series Delta Flow -and I loved the sound. Deep tone, not raspy, NO Drone.

This is not my video but I liked how this guy's car sounded -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0ddlTkeyOI

So I ordered just 2 Flowmaster 40 series mufflers (Part# 952547) and 2 Tips (Part# 15395) and had them welded in -- they fit perfect and they sound great on start up and acceleration but may be a bit quiet inside the cabin for some, almost like Stock - NO Drone - but were just what I was looking for.

Note -These are NOT the Super 44 mufflers found on the Flowmaster axleback for the 2015 - which are louder but reportedly have a bit of drone.

gotta ask.... what's the point of an aftermarket exhaust if you can't hear it when you're driving?

OP
OP
15RaceRedGT

15RaceRedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Premium Race Red
gotta ask.... what's the point of an aftermarket exhaust if you can't hear it when you're driving?
You can hear it, at startup it sounds great, at idle and under normal acceleration there is a muted growl with the windows up, and you definitely hear a nice deep growl with the windows down. But cruising at 70 MPH it is quiet. If you get on it, at any speed, you will hear it, even with the windows up. If you want louder you can always remove the resonator or add a CAI. I plan on adding a CAI and I know the induction roar will make the car louder as well.
Sponsored