• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dealership woes - Am I expecting too much?

Dave_E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse (HP)
Kinda losing the will to live here. I've used the same dealership (Matthews Currie Ford, Venice FL) for years in my F-150 with no issues. I had to buy my Dark Horse from a different dealership off the lot but it had a whining noise from the engine so I asked these guys to look at it. It's been a horror show from start to finish honestly.

The problem is every time I go it's a whole day wasted because whatever my appointment time is they leave it sat for hours before they even start. OK I'm not going to complain about the delays. I don't have a ride home so I do have to wait with it, so that's on me... but honestly I don't want to leave it with them anyway.

My first complaint is the flippancy with which they treat the car. OK it's not a Porsche, but it's a brand new 70+k car. When I take it in they all want to crowd round it, but then it's like "give me the keys", and they just don't respect it.

On my first visit the guy that checked it in was literally like 300 lbs. He flopped himself in with a thud, then sat sideways across the Recaro bolster for 5 minutes. I make a huge effort not to do that and I'm half his size! Am I being too picky?

The guy that was tasked with the difficult job of pulling it out of the service lane managed to drive it into the lot and right up on a high parking block damaging the splitter (handling pack car). He then had a few attempts pulling it out and back in again while all his friends were waving at him to stop and he's grinding away at it. He then jumps out of the car and looks around to see if he'd got away with it. I felt the need to shout over that I'd seen it, and the guy sat next to me actually offered to be a witness. I have zero doubt that if it had happened in the rear lot then it would have been denied. Fair enough, they ordered a replacement splitter but it's still frustrating cos there goes another day wasted.

They also leave it sat for long periods of time in really stupid places - like stuck out right in the entrance or abandoned in the rear lot. It's mostly loose rocks out there and it's just begging to be hit by either a car or a rock. I actually asked for the keys back one time and moved it to a proper place because I was that worried.

They decided they wanted to put a new alternator on the car to see if that was the noise, so it's been in today for that. I politely told the guy who was about to drive it to watch out for the low splitter as the last guy managed to bang it, and he said "is that the new one?" I said no, and he said "Oh so we can bang it again then". OK he's just having a joke, but just pay attention for gods sake! The kid they got to drive it through was actually filming himself - presumably that hit an Instagram account somewhere!

I'd pre-arranged with the service dept on the phone that I only had 5 hours before I had to leave to pick my 10 year old daughter up from her school bus. We agreed they would do the alternator and I would fit the splitter myself to make sure I got out in time. I expressly told them I did not want the car on a lift (for obvious reasons). So I arrive on time for my 10am appointment and reconfirm the arrangements with the guy they'd allocated to me. All seemed OK and they drive it away. I'm checking it's location in the app and it sits for 2 hours in the rear parking lot. Eventually they bring it round and do the alternator. Took 3 hours, and it hasn't solved the problem with the noise. By this time I went in and told them I really need to go, can we please wind it up.

They tell me they are fitting the splitter. I told them I hadn't given them permission to do that, and we'd agreed I was going to take it away and fit it myself, but they said they had to do it to "make sure it was done right". There's a laugh! So I go round the back to see what's happening and they already have it on the lift. The 'tech' that was working on it had called in 2 young kids to help who were in plain clothes and had previously just been pulling cars in and out. They're banging away at this splitter taking it on and off. The main tech is stood talking to a lady who is smoking a cigarette right by the car with the windows open.

Another hour passes and I'm desperate to leave and go get my daughter. I keep telling the service desk that I need to go but they just roll their eyes. Eventually I go round there to speak to the tech myself but get yelled at that I can't be in there. Well I'm sorry but I need my car back - you can't just hold it to ransom when I've got a kid to pick up. Eventually they lower it down and then stand there revving it and laughing and whooping. They don't know I'm watching. TWO techs then jump in and drive it (way too fast) out of the lot and take it out for 5 miles, despite me waving my arms at them to stop because I desperately need to go.

The service guy I was dealing with has left by this point, so I run round frantically for another 10 minutes trying various people to get my keys back, all the time getting eyes rolled at me like I'm being unreasonable. In the end they find them so I just jump in and drive it right away without sorting out any paperwork etc. By the time I made it to my daughters bus stop she'd been stood for 20 minutes on her own. Absolutely not on!

So I get the car home and checked it and surprise surprise, they've damaged the side skirt on the lift right by the jack point. I photo'd it while it was on the lift so hopefully they don't argue it. But I'm just pig sick of this now. Every time I take it in there they ruin my day and create another problem, and it's just lack of basic respect in my opinion.

Attached 2 pics. The parking block they managed to drive up, and the new dint in the side skirt.

Is it me? Am I being too picky here? They sell the cars so they should be able to do basic maintenance on them without damaging them every time. Am I being THAT guy? It's going to need a side skirt now because you can clearly see the dents from the side when you look. And you can bet your life they're back ordered like everything else. Took a month for the alternator! And when they're fixing it, what will they screw up next time?

S650 Mustang Dealership woes - Am I expecting too much? IMG_20240418_170442590_HDR

S650 Mustang Dealership woes - Am I expecting too much? IMG_20240326_100149676_HDR
Sponsored

Last edited:

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
You are not being picky. That is ridiculous! @Ford Motor Company please help this Mustang owner that has been treated extremely poorly by the local dealer!

jimbo67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Matter, PP, NPP
Kinda losing the will to live here. I've used the same dealership (Matthew Currie Ford, Venice FL) for years in my F-150 with no issues - just for oil changes. I had to buy my Dark Horse from a different dealership off the lot but it had a whining noise from the engine so I asked these guys to look at it. It's been a horror show from start to finish honestly.

The problem is every time I go it's a whole day wasted because whatever my appointment time is they leave it sat for hours before they even start. OK I'm not going to complain about the delays. I don't have a ride home so I do have to wait with it, so that's on me... but honestly I don't want to leave it with them anyway.

My first complaint is the flippancy with which they treat the car. Sure it's not a Porsche, but it's a brand new 70+k car. When I take it in they all want to come crowd round it, but then it's like "give me the keys", and they just don't respect it. The first guy that checked it in was literally 300 lbs and he flopped himself in then sat sideways on the Recaro bolster for 5 minutes with his fat ass. I make a huge effort not to do that and I'm half his size! Am I being too picky?

They drive it round the lot and leave it sat for long periods of time in really stupid places - like stuck out right in the entrance. The lot is all loose stones and it's just begging to be hit by either a car or a rock. I actually asked for the keys back one time and moved it to a proper space because I was that worried.

I took it in last month and the monkey that was tasked with the difficult job of pulling it out of the service lane managed to drive it into the lot and ride right up on a high parking block damaging the splitter (handling pack car). He then had 2 or 3 attempts pulling it out and back in again while all his friends were waving at him to stop and he's grinding away at it. Just a shit-show. Fair enough, they ordered a replacement splitter but it's still frustrating cos there goes another day wasted.

They decided they wanted to put a new alternator on the car to see if that's the noise, so it's been in today for that. I told the guy who was about to drive it to watch out for the low splitter as the last guy managed to bang it, and he said "is that the new one?" I said no, and he said "Oh so we can bang it again then". OK just having a joke, but just pay F'ing attention!

I'd arranged with the service dept on the phone that I only had 5 hours before I had to leave to pick my daughter up from her school bus. We agreed they would do the alternator and I would fit the splitter myself to make sure I got out in time. So I arrive on time for my 10am appointment and they drive it away. I'm checking it's location in the app and it sits for 2 hours in the back parking lot. Eventually they bring it round and do the alternator. Took 3 hours, and it hasn't solved the problem with the noise. By this time I went in and told them I really need to go, can we please wind it up.

They tell me they are fitting the splitter. I told them I hadn't given them permission to do that, and we'd agreed I was going to take it away, but they said they had to do it to "make sure it was done right". There's a laugh! So I go round the back and see what's happening and they have it on the lift, with 4 kids banging away at it. I mean they were literally like 18 years old and smoking next to it with the windows down. OK no big deal but not exactly professional.

Another hour passes and I'm desperate to get out. They're taking this splitter on and off. I mean it's like 12 bolts. I keep telling them I need to go but they just roll their eyes. Eventually I go round there myself and get yelled at that I can't be in there. I need my damn car back! You can't just hold it to ransom. Eventually they lower it down, then they're revving it and laughing and whoop whooping. They don't know I'm watching. 2 techs then jump in and drive it out of the lot and take it out for 5 miles, despite me waving my arms at them to stop because I need to go. When they come back they are in different seats. Really necessary?

The service guy I was dealing with has left by this point, so I stand for another 10 minutes trying desperately to get my keys back. In the end they give me them so I just drive it right away without sorting out the paperwork etc. My 10 year old daughter has been stood for 20 minutes on her own at the bus stop by the time I make it there. I get the car home, just checked it and they've damaged the side skirts on the lift, right by the jack point. I photo'd it while it was on the lift so hopefully they don't argue it. But I'm just pig sick of this now. Every time I take it in they create another problem, and it's just lack of basic respect in my opinion.

Attached 2 pics. The parking block they managed to drive up, and the new dint in the side skirt.

Is it me? Am I being too picky here? They sell the cars so they should be able to do basic service on them without damaging them every time!? Am I THAT guy? It's going to have to have a side skirt now because you can clearly see the dents from the side when you look. And you can bet your life they're back ordered like everything else.

IMG_20240418_170442590_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240326_100149676_HDR.jpg
Smh, I would be livid. Your not being picky. Not to mention why did they park so close to the drivers door next to that Explorer? Glad you took some pics.

Pmamba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Kinda losing the will to live here. I've used the same dealership (Matthew Currie Ford, Venice FL) for years in my F-150 with no issues - just for oil changes. I had to buy my Dark Horse from a different dealership off the lot but it had a whining noise from the engine so I asked these guys to look at it. It's been a horror show from start to finish honestly.

My first complaint is the flippancy with which they treat the car. Sure it's not a Porsche, but it's a brand new 70+k car. When I take it in they all want to come crowd round it, but then it's like "give me the keys", and they just don't respect it. The first guy that checked it in was literally 300 lbs and he flopped himself in then sat sideways on the Recaro bolster for 5 minutes with his fat ass. I make a huge effort not to do that and I'm half his size! Am I being too picky?

They drive it round the lot and leave it sat for long periods of time in really stupid places - like stuck out right in the entrance. The lot is all loose stones and it's just begging to be hit by either a car or a rock. I actually asked for the keys back one time and moved it to a proper space because I was that worried.

I took it in last month and the monkey that was tasked with the difficult job of pulling it out of the service lane managed to drive it into the lot and ride right up on a high parking block damaging the splitter (handling pack car). He then had 2 or 3 attempts pulling it out and back in again while all his friends were waving at him to stop and he's grinding away at it. Just a shit-show. Fair enough, they ordered a replacement splitter but it's still frustrating cos there goes another day wasted.

They decided they wanted to put a new alternator on the car to see if that's the noise, so it's been in today for that. I told the guy who was about to drive it to watch out for the low splitter as the last guy managed to bang it, and he said "is that the new one?" I said no, and he said "Oh so we can bang it again then". OK just having a joke, but just pay F'ing attention!

I'd arranged with the service dept on the phone that I only had 5 hours before I had to leave to pick my daughter up from her school bus. We agreed they would do the alternator and I would fit the splitter myself to make sure I got out in time. So I arrive on time for my 10am appointment and they drive it away. I'm checking it's location in the app and it sits for 2 hours in the back parking lot. Eventually they bring it round and do the alternator. Took 3 hours, and it hasn't solved the problem with the noise. By this time I went in and told them I really need to go, can we please wind it up.

They tell me they are fitting the splitter. I told them I hadn't given them permission to do that, and we'd agreed I was going to take it away, but they said they had to do it to "make sure it was done right". There's a laugh! So I go round the back and see what's happening and they have it on the lift, with 4 kids banging away at it. I mean they were literally like 18 years old and smoking next to it with the windows down. OK no big deal but not exactly professional.

Another hour passes and I'm desperate to get out. They're taking this splitter on and off. I mean it's like 12 bolts. I keep telling them I need to go but they just roll their eyes. Eventually I go round there myself and get yelled at that I can't be in there. I need my damn car back! You can't just hold it to ransom. Eventually they lower it down, then they're revving it and laughing and whoop whooping. They don't know I'm watching. 2 techs then jump in and drive it out of the lot and take it out for 5 miles, despite me waving my arms at them to stop because I need to go. When they come back they are in different seats. Really necessary?

The service guy I was dealing with has left by this point, so I stand for another 10 minutes trying desperately to get my keys back. In the end they give me them so I just drive it right away without sorting out the paperwork etc. My 10 year old daughter has been stood for 20 minutes on her own at the bus stop by the time I make it there. I get the car home, just checked it and they've damaged the side skirts on the lift, right by the jack point. I photo'd it while it was on the lift so hopefully they don't argue it. But I'm just pig sick of this now. Every time I take it in they create another problem, and it's just lack of basic respect in my opinion.

Is it me? Am I being too picky here? They sell the cars so they should be able to do basic service on them without damaging them every time!? Am I THAT guy? It's going to have to have a side skirt now because you can clearly see the dents from the side when you look. And you can bet your life they're back ordered like everything else.

That’s awful and sorry to hear that. At the very minimum your car should be returned to you in the same exact condition you brought it in as. Of course, it will be hard to prove any damage was caused by them and expect the blame game.

OP
OP
Dave_E

Dave_E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not too worried about that tbh. I took a pic of it on the lift and you can see where the arms are, and this is exactly in that spot. What else could have damaged the underside of the sideskirt?

I've wasted 4 days off work for this now and every time I take it in they damage it some more. And I can't take it anywhere else to sort out their mess once it's done so I'm stuck. But their attitude is what really gets to me. I feel like telling them only I can drive it and holding the keys, but I'm sure they'd refuse service.

I can see the problems before they happen and it's just so frustrating because they keep, on, happening! Today they've damaged my car fixing the damage THEY caused last time. I don't need to keep spending whole days there because of their stupidity.

They just don't care - they fly round the lot in golf carts kicking up rocks etc right by customers cars. I mean I know it's Flori-duh but come on...

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Not too worried about that tbh. I took a pic of it on the lift and you can see where the arms are, and this is exactly in that spot. What else could have damaged the underside of the sideskirt?

I've wasted 4 days off work for this now and every time I take it in they damage it some more. And I can't take it anywhere else to sort out their mess once it's done so I'm stuck. But their attitude is what really gets to me. I feel like telling them only I can drive it and holding the keys, but I'm sure they'd refuse service.

I can see the problems before they happen and it's just so frustrating because they keep, on, happening! Today they've damaged my car fixing the damage THEY caused last time. I don't need to keep spending whole days there because of their stupidity.

They just don't care - they fly round the lot in golf carts kicking up rocks etc right by customers cars. I mean I know it's Flori-duh but come on...
Did they manage to fix the whining noise from the engine? Is yours an automatic or manual?

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
You're not being picky. That dealership is severely lacking in professionalism. I would never let any 18 year old kid drive my car, I dont care if they work for the dealership. I would think the dealership would know better then giving the keys to a 500HP car to a young kid.

The kids aren't to blame, they're just dumb kids. The dealership should hire better employees. Odds are if they dont care if their staff is messing with cars, that they won't be that interested in doing things correctly. I would find another dealership if possible.

OP
OP
Dave_E

Dave_E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did they manage to fix the whining noise from the engine? Is yours an automatic or manual?
They did not. It's auto. It's something belt driven. Rises and falls with revs. But it's not trans as it does it in neutral. Just need a competent dealership.

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Sadly most dealers seem incapable of dealing with enthusiasts and enthusiast cars. Most dealers want to move high margin SUVs to soccer moms who don’t care about their Expedition looking perfect.

Service follows suit and bangs out the repairs with little care.

You really have my sympathy. I want everything done by the book with my vehicles. Single use fasteners, replace them. Torque spec on the oil filter, just f@$king do it. Simple request like don’t wash it, pay attention. I do expect to pay for the techs time when it’s not warranty work so if it’s an extra .10 on the billable hours to to it properly that’s what I want done.

TLDR: We’re a minority at mainstream car dealers. They just don’t care about enthusiasts, they just want to move units in sales and service.

OP
OP
Dave_E

Dave_E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I want everything done by the book with my vehicles. Single use fasteners, replace them. Torque spec on the oil filter, just f@$king do it. Simple request like don’t wash it, pay attention. I do expect to pay for the techs time when it’s not warranty work so if it’s an extra .10 on the billable hours to to it properly that’s what I want done.
This!
But it's like "we know best", and you're wasting their time when you make a request. I'm not asking much here, just stop ruining my car every time you get my keys 😣

boostedep3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
I avoid dealership at all cost. I'm willing to repair things on my dime if I can because of things like this. I'm sorry you have to deal with this, it is unacceptable and unprofessional. It doesn't matter if it's a 20k or 70k car, it's your car and money and should be respected.

KABStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT convertible, 2024 Mustang GT conv.
I avoid dealership at all cost. I'm willing to repair things on my dime if I can because of things like this. I'm sorry you have to deal with this, it is unacceptable and unprofessional. It doesn't matter if it's a 20k or 70k car, it's your car and money and should be respected.
I could not agree more. Six months ago I had a private service centre put tires on new rims I had bought for my CRV. They were not on a vehicle. A 18 year old does their tire mounting and balancing. He must have dragged one of the rims ”shiny side” down. Scratched the #@$& out of it. Of course they denied doing it, and I could not prove otherwise. Last week I bought another set of wheels for my 24 GT. I am paying a guy who has a mobile tire mounting machine and balancer big bucks to come to my house next Tuesday and mount tires on the new wheels and balance them. I made it clear to him that I will be taking the wheels off the car and putting the new ones on, and that I will be watching carefully to ensure the wheels are not scratched in the mounting/balancing process, and he is good with that. I hate leaving my car at a service centre/dealer. I will walk 10 mins to park in a spot where my car will not likely get dinged, and most of the employees do not give a hoot when driving or parking it. Almost like having to leave your child with a babysitter that looks sketchy, and you know nothing about them.. Sorry, that is my rant for the day and I sympathize with OP.

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
Kinda losing the will to live here. I've used the same dealership (Matthews Currie Ford, Venice FL) for years in my F-150 with no issues. I had to buy my Dark Horse from a different dealership off the lot but it had a whining noise from the engine so I asked these guys to look at it. It's been a horror show from start to finish honestly.

My first complaint is the flippancy with which they treat the car. Sure it's not a Porsche, but it's a brand new 70+k car. When I take it in they all want to crowd round it, but then it's like "give me the keys", and they just don't respect it. The first guy that checked it in was literally 300 lbs. He flopped himself in with a thud, then sat sideways on the Recaro bolster for 5 minutes with his fat ass. I make a huge effort not to do that and I'm half his size! Am I being too picky?

They drive it round the lot and leave it sat for long periods of time in really stupid places - like stuck out right in the entrance. The parking lot is mostly loose rocks and it's just begging to be hit by either a car or a rock. I actually asked for the keys back one time and moved it to a proper space because I was that worried.

I took it in last month and the monkey that was tasked with the (admittedly) difficult job of pulling it out of the service lane, managed to drive it into the lot and ride right up on a high parking block damaging the splitter (handling pack car). He then had 2 or 3 attempts pulling it out and back in again while all his friends were waving at him to stop and he's grinding away at it. Just a shit-show. Fair enough, they ordered a replacement splitter but it's still frustrating cos there goes another day wasted.

They decided they wanted to put a new alternator on the car to see if that was the noise, so it's been in today for that. I politely told the guy who was about to drive it to watch out for the low splitter as the last guy managed to bang it, and he said "is that the new one?" I said no, and he said "Oh so we can bang it again then". OK he's just having a joke, but just pay F'ing attention for gods sake!

I'd pre-arranged with the service dept on the phone that I only had 5 hours before I had to leave to pick my daughter up from her school bus. We agreed they would do the alternator and I would fit the splitter myself to make sure I got out in time. So I arrive on time for my 10am appointment and they drive it away. I'm checking it's location in the app and it sits for 2 hours in the back parking lot. Eventually they bring it round and do the alternator. Took 3 hours, and it hasn't solved the problem with the noise. By this time I went in and told them I really need to go, can we please wind it up.

They tell me they are fitting the splitter. I told them I hadn't given them permission to do that, and we'd agreed I was going to take it away and fit it myself, but they said they had to do it to "make sure it was done right". There's a laugh! So I go round the back and see what's happening and they have it on the lift, with 3 or 4 kids banging away at it. I mean they were literally like 18 years old and smoking next to it with the windows down. OK no big deal but not exactly professional.

Another hour passes and I'm desperate to get out. They're taking this splitter on and off over and over again. I mean come on it's like 12 bolts. I keep telling the service desk that I need to go but they just roll their eyes. Eventually I go round there myself, but get yelled at that I can't be in there. I need my damn car back! You can't just hold it to ransom when I've got a kid to pick up. Eventually they lower it down, and they're revving it and laughing and whoop whooping. They don't know I'm watching. 2 techs then jump in and drive it out of the lot and take it out for 5 miles, despite me waving my arms at them to stop because I desperately need to go.

The service guy I was dealing with has left by this point, so I run round frantically for another 10 minutes trying various people to get my keys back just so my 10yr old daughter isn't stood on her own at the bus stop, all the time getting eyes rolled at me like I'm being unreasonable and difficult! In the end they find them so I just jump in and drive it right away without sorting out any paperwork etc. By the time I made it there she'd been stood for 20 minutes on her own. Absolutely not on, and this is the bit that's beyond a line for me. Cars are cars but anything could have happened to her.

I get the car home and checked it and they've damaged the side skirts on the lift, right by the jack point. I photo'd it while it was on the lift so hopefully they don't argue it. But I'm just pig sick of this now. Every time I take it in there they ruin my day and create another problem, and it's just lack of basic respect in my opinion.

Is it me? Am I being too picky here? They sell the cars so they should be able to do basic service on them without damaging them every time!? Am I being THAT guy? It's going to need a side skirt now because you can clearly see the dents from the side when you look. And you can bet your life they're back ordered like everything else. Took a month for the alternator! And when they're fixing it, what will they screw up next time?

My first complaint is the flippancy with which they treat the car. Sure it's not a Porsche, but it's a brand new 70+k car. When I take it in they all want to crowd round it, but then it's like "give me the keys", and they just don't respect it. The first guy that checked it in was literally 300 lbs. He flopped himself in with a thud, then sat sideways on the Recaro bolster for 5 minutes with his fat ass. I make a huge effort not to do that and I'm half his size! Am I being too picky?

They drive it round the lot and leave it sat for long periods of time in really stupid places - like stuck out right in the entrance. The parking lot is mostly loose rocks and it's just begging to be hit by either a car or a rock. I actually asked for the keys back one time and moved it to a proper space because I was that worried.

I took it in last month and the monkey that was tasked with the (admittedly) difficult job of pulling it out of the service lane, managed to drive it into the lot and ride right up on a high parking block damaging the splitter (handling pack car). He then had 2 or 3 attempts pulling it out and back in again while all his friends were waving at him to stop and he's grinding away at it. Just a shit-show. Fair enough, they ordered a replacement splitter but it's still frustrating cos there goes another day wasted.

They decided they wanted to put a new alternator on the car to see if that was the noise, so it's been in today for that. I politely told the guy who was about to drive it to watch out for the low splitter as the last guy managed to bang it, and he said "is that the new one?" I said no, and he said "Oh so we can bang it again then". OK he's just having a joke, but just pay F'ing attention for gods sake!

I'd pre-arranged with the service dept on the phone that I only had 5 hours before I had to leave to pick my daughter up from her school bus. We agreed they would do the alternator and I would fit the splitter myself to make sure I got out in time. So I arrive on time for my 10am appointment and they drive it away. I'm checking it's location in the app and it sits for 2 hours in the back parking lot. Eventually they bring it round and do the alternator. Took 3 hours, and it hasn't solved the problem with the noise. By this time I went in and told them I really need to go, can we please wind it up.

They tell me they are fitting the splitter. I told them I hadn't given them permission to do that, and we'd agreed I was going to take it away and fit it myself, but they said they had to do it to "make sure it was done right". There's a laugh! So I go round the back and see what's happening and they have it on the lift, with 3 or 4 kids banging away at it. I mean they were literally like 18 years old and smoking next to it with the windows down. OK no big deal but not exactly professional.

Another hour passes and I'm desperate to get out. They're taking this splitter on and off over and over again. I mean come on it's like 12 bolts. I keep telling the service desk that I need to go but they just roll their eyes. Eventually I go round there myself, but get yelled at that I can't be in there. I need my damn car back! You can't just hold it to ransom when I've got a kid to pick up. Eventually they lower it down, and they're revving it and laughing and whoop whooping. They don't know I'm watching. 2 techs then jump in and drive it out of the lot and take it out for 5 miles, despite me waving my arms at them to stop because I desperately need to go.

The service guy I was dealing with has left by this point, so I run round frantically for another 10 minutes trying various people to get my keys back just so my 10yr old daughter isn't stood on her own at the bus stop, all the time getting eyes rolled at me like I'm being unreasonable and difficult! In the end they find them so I just jump in and drive it right away without sorting out any paperwork etc. By the time I made it there she'd been stood for 20 minutes on her own. Absolutely not on, and this is the bit that's beyond a line for me. Cars are cars but anything could have happened to her.

I get the car home and checked it and they've damaged the side skirts on the lift, right by the jack point. I photo'd it while it was on the lift so hopefully they don't argue it. But I'm just pig sick of this now. Every time I take it in there they ruin my day and create another problem, and it's just lack of basic respect in my opinion.

Is it me? Am I being too picky here? They sell the cars so they should be able to do basic service on them without damaging them every time!? Am I being THAT guy? It's going to need a side skirt now because you can clearly see the dents from the side when you look. And you can bet your life they're back ordered like everything else. Took a month for the alternator! And when they're fixing it, what will they screw up next time?

The dealership has a OWNER.
I would go directly to the OWNER & let him know what a 🤡 circus his dealership is.
I wouldn’t stop there.
I would let Ford Motor Company know.
Oh,
You need to find another Ford dealership?

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
They did not. It's auto. It's something belt driven. Rises and falls with revs. But it's not trans as it does it in neutral. Just need a competent dealership.
Are you sure it's not the infamous A10 whine that many of us have. Here's a thread that talks more about it:

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/whining-noise-from-engine.159613/

There are other threads floating around with videos of the A10 whine. Might be worth checking out and see if this is what you are hearing.
Sponsored