Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
The beauty shots!

IMG-9704.jpg

IMG-9723.jpg

IMG-9713.jpg

IMG-9712.jpg

As you can see, I used chrome lug nuts. I pondered getting some matching black items but decided to see what the chrome ones looked like first. I don't don't mind the colour contrast so will live with them for a little while and see how I feel once my bank balance recovers! :facepalm:

Very happy with how these turned out. I probably need to look at lowering the thing now. :facepalm:
Sponsored

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
The beauty shots!

IMG-9704.jpg

IMG-9723.jpg

IMG-9713.jpg

IMG-9712.jpg

As you can see, I used chrome lug nuts. I pondered getting some matching black items but decided to see what the chrome ones looked like first. I don't don't mind the colour contrast so will live with them for a little while and see how I feel once my bank balance recovers! :facepalm:

Very happy with how these turned out. I probably need to look at lowering the thing now. :facepalm:
Looks great, black nuts...well yeah the beauty is the choice, and now that you have a torque wrench, a jack and stands you can order springs and lower it yourself :-)

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The beauty shots!

IMG-9704.jpg

IMG-9723.jpg

IMG-9713.jpg

IMG-9712.jpg

Very, very nice. definitely lower it. I like that you don’t have red callipers but the tyre treads have crap on them! I think black nuts will work better than chrome

Last edited:

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The beauty shots!

IMG-9704.jpg

IMG-9723.jpg

IMG-9713.jpg

IMG-9712.jpg

Curious as to what car wash you are going to use that won’t impact on the Matt finish on the wheels? No gloss enhancers!

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Curious as to what car wash you are going to use that won’t impact on the Matt finish on the wheels? No gloss enhancers!
I don't use wheel cleaners on my cars, just no need for it on well maintained wheels.

I use the same soap as I wash the car with on my wheels.

My favorite being NV Snow -
https://www.waxit.com.au/collections/foam-guns/products/nv-snow-ph-neutral-wash

"........ with safe, essential, cleaners & lubricants, which do not contain any waxes, polymers or simulated rinsing agents."

Although I have been using Koch Chemie GSF a lot lately.
https://detailingshed.com.au/collec...-gentle-snow-foam-cleaning-foam-ph-neutral-1l

Sponsored

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I don't use wheel cleaners on my cars, just no need for it on well maintained wheels.

I use the same soap as I wash the car with on my wheels.

My favorite being NV Snow -
https://www.waxit.com.au/collections/foam-guns/products/nv-snow-ph-neutral-wash

"........ with safe, essential, cleaners & lubricants, which do not contain any waxes, polymers or simulated rinsing agents."

Although I have been using Koch Chemie GSF a lot lately.
https://detailingshed.com.au/collec...-gentle-snow-foam-cleaning-foam-ph-neutral-1l
Yes I understand but that is why I was asking as the shampoo used on the car must be safe for the matt wheels also.

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 California GT: Black
Very very very surprised how unpopular black mustangs are!
To me black is the best and I think it looks sexy and mean,
My second choice would have been lime green or orange as I quite like those "out there" colours

It seems black is in the bottom 50%

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Very very very surprised how unpopular black mustangs are!
To me black is the best and I think it looks sexy and mean,
My second choice would have been lime green or orange as I quite like those "out there" colours

It seems black is in the bottom 50%
Black Rocks
20210508_152428.jpg

Sponsored

Yellow Toy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Fastback
Where do you guys buy most of your aftermarket or genuine acc for our Mustangs here in Oz?

Cheers..

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Where do you guys buy most of your aftermarket or genuine acc for our Mustangs here in Oz?

Cheers..
Wherever you get the best deal, so much of what I have for was from US direct. Only a few things from within Oz and mostly different shops. I did get some deals from Fred at American Speed in Melb (no affiliation) as with some of the big stuff the freight from US makes it not worth it.

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Yeah as above I've purchased just about all my after market Mustang stuff, 99% from overseas. As much as I like to support local, unfortunately its usually a rip off price wise (Mustang tax). I have found even with the USD exchange rate and postage costs I'm still substantially in front and also it usually gets posted here quicker than within Australia....go figure

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT delivered 8 May 17
Wherever you get the best deal, so much of what I have for was from US direct. Only a few things from within Oz and mostly different shops. I did get some deals from Fred at American Speed in Melb (no affiliation) as with some of the big stuff the freight from US makes it not worth it.
So I'm going to agree and disagree with the sentiment of a few guys and girls on here. I'm going to start by listing the components of my cars build (over a three year period):

• AWE 3 inch exhaust - Scuderia Auto Art in Sydney - direct import by them for me with the important proviso that they would deal with warranty issues rather than me who is a consumer half way around the world.
  • American Racing 3inch long tube headers - American Speed Melbourne. Again warranty warranty warranty....
  • Injen Cold air inlet - American Speed in Melbourne.
  • Vogtland Coilover Kit - American Speed in Melbourne. again a direct import and an Australian name when it all went wrong (it didn't)
  • White line sway bars and links - American Speed Melbourne - as above
  • BMR rear cradle lock out kit - JEGS performance in the US - direct import as this was a low value item that I could live with if it went wrong
  • Oil Catch Can - Group Buy from this forum. Again no moving parts, low dollar value and imported on my behalf. Good quality product
  • Ford Performance spherical bearings (rear) - JEGS in the US - lowest US postal price
  • BMR Rear vertical and end links and front K Brace and - JEGS in the US - lowest US postal price and nobody was importing them at the time
  • Steeda front upper and lower control Arms and bumpsteer kit- Mustang Motorsport Melbourne. Still not 100% certain they were the best value for money but I could live with the price when compared to the postal price charged by Steeda (or JEGS for that matter)
  • Harrop Oil Cooler kit - Harrop Melbourne - from Harrop (in Melbourne :crackup:)
  • 6G 20inch 7 spoke gloss black rims - American Speed. Now this is where it did go wrong because while they sat on the wharf in LA the shipper (to the Melbourne vendor) buckled the set. So they were replaced before I even saw them. In my humble opinion as a sole importer that they have no relationship with - good luck getting your money back or replacement.
  • US style rear tail lights (set) - Exotic pony mods (Melbourne via Carbon AutoHaus Sydney).
  • Diode Dynamics LED interior and exterior LED light set (Carbon AutoHaus Sydney).
  • bonnet latch (interior), Ford Performance Gear Shift, GT 350R steering wheel, replacement rear boot lid plastic trim. My stangMods Melbourne
  • Tune - Carbon Autohaus custom (HP tuner baseline) - Australia!
  • Black Badges all round - Autoware Gold Coast.
My point is not to talk my mustang up (it used to be a 2017 now I'm not so sure...) but to point out that there are a variety of sources for products and that the consumer needs to weigh up the risk of a cheaper price from overseas as a sole importer of a product as opposed to a firm who does business with and has a relationship with reputable firms. Did I pay more than some of the folks here - absolutely....but the customer experience and the risk mitigation is remembered well after price is forgotten (or so says Enzo Ferrari).

Good suppliers will engage and talk you through the things you want to achieve, some of our friends from elsewhere will not. The number of anecdotes I have heard about the product that turned up for the 'cheap price' would suggest that you would need to think long and hard about some of the vendors and options. But that's just me.

There are lots of people on this forum who have done heaps more to their car than me and I am certain that they will have a different experience.

Just my two cents worth - congrats on the car :clap:
Sponsored