Dealers vs Customers.

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
A new member posted this in the Bullitt forum today:

I missed my chance to put my name on the only Bullitt my dealer will see this year so I ordered a PP2 GT and have been waiting for it to arrive. Last Wednesday I got a call from my friend at the dealership (who I buy all my fords from)....The car was in and the guy that had his name on it was caught in a lie... he was going to export it to the US... which is frowned upon to say the least since we get so few in Canada as it is... Long story short; it was delivered to me the next day. I feel like I won the lottery....
Congrats to The Rooster. He's apparently a loyal customer....he got the car and some flipper got the Royal Order of the Shaft (assuming here that the other guy wasn't moving his family and new Bullitt to the US).

Sure, the dealer can run his business anyway he likes, but when did the local Ford dealer become the Dept of Border Control??!! One dealer near me is registering every Bullitt in the buyers name and screwing license plates onto them to prevent them being on-sold as new cars. Dealers will say they are protecting their customer base, but the Canadian flipper wouldn't see it that way.

I've paid a deposit and will hopefully (gulp) get my Bullitt in the new year.

Anyone here get screwed over by their dealer prior to delivery??
Sponsored

sphinx

Mr. Whipple
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
67 Mustang GT Fastback
Anyone here get screwed over by their dealer prior to delivery??
Here's one for you. This started September 2018.

Tuesday the 4th, I located dealer stock ... a new, 2018 GT premium with performance package. Sent inquires via their online "form".

Wednesday the 5th, talking on the phone with same sales person. I requested, and am sent a credit app which I filled out. We set up an appointment to test drive and complete the deal. I also secured some financing from my lending institution.

Thursday the 6th, I receive a voice message from the sales persons manager confirming my appointment for Saturday. I returned the call and spoke with the sales person I was working with, stating that I will be making a six hour drive and to please call Friday if somehow the vehicle sold. They do not take deposits so cannot hold vehicle. That's fair

Friday the 7th, get all necessary funding and documentation together and prepare my trailer for the haul. Received no messages from dealer ... left a couple of voice messages and email for them. Also left message for sales persons manager. End of day I've heard nothing so did not go.

Saturday the 8th, made attempts to contact dealer but did not not spend my day sitting around waiting. Had other productive things to accomplish. No messages from dealer.

Monday the 10th, traveled out of town (work). Made one call to dealer and was transferred to voice mail.

Tuesday the 11th, called Ford marketing and provided them the vin number. Was asked to repeat vin. Was told that vin had an active warranty and that it had been sold mid August. Ford marketing rep says ... We're so sorry this happened, there is nothing we can do as the dealerships are privately owned and operate independently of Ford. I want to get paid for screwing up chit! It's the system, I get it, lack of ... or simply no communication within the dealerships groups.

What really bakes my noodle is that here is this great community of Mustang enthusiasts, for the most part loyal, passionate about this model, yet those higher up at Ford involved with the Mustang program, that could be given the nod to interact with us, spend basically zero time with the Mustang community. It's occurrences like the above that I do not get and do not understand the very fact that Ford is indifferent to this sort of thing. The marketing group or any person or group you are interacting with IS the face of Ford.

I've read nearly all the warranty and dealer threads on here and it gravitates to you guys having to fight tooth and nail with them for resolution. There are some truly inept dealers, dealer service, and in turn, it seems the people at Ford are much the same once problems become more frequent. They turn a blind eye (as they would like us to see) as engineers feverishly try to solve the problems as lemon law suits stack as to implement solutions for the forecasted production builds while addressing current owner issues.

I'm sure all the specs for the ailing problems for the Mustang within the engineering design, development, GDT, testing, metallurgy, and all the BS that goes with being in that industry and culture, have those t's crossed and i's dotted. It's the manufacturing and assembly processes that carry a much higher risk of either mistakes or failures being introduced if the quality checks and balances are not being adhered to. This is critical at not only at the tier two but tier three suppliers.

Just because it's the Mustang does not make any division of their engineering impervious to failures. Wait ... this was about dealerships I thought? What happened, I did not follow the guidelines that govern this thread. Off topic ... or perhaps there was this engine ticking in my head that got me distracted. This kinda ended in a rant LOL.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
It's really bad that Ford doesn't do something to control the dealers. I am fortunate I have a great dealer and a great relationship with the main man Keith Tyler. In 2015 he ordered my Mustang convertible exactly the way I wanted it. We also got the wife a 2015 Edge which was one of the early ones with the water leak. He went to bat for us and got Ford to replace it. Well this year a deer ran out in front of the wife so we replaced the 2015 Edge with a new 2018 Edge. She told Keith what she wanted a he found the exact car she wanted color and options and all. Anyone in West Virginia who wants a Ford and a dealer that will take care of them go to Mountaineer Automotive in Beckley West Virginia. The are my dealer for life.
Sponsored