tarabrae

How's the serenity?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback MT
Apologies for my lack of engagement in the last few months. Went to the US in Oct/Nov and drive 3000 miles in four Mustangs (1 EB and 3 V6) and a Camaro and have been pretty busy since I got back, so haven't spent much time here.

But now that the lucky few are starting to receive their ponies I thought it might be timely to look at the experiences everyone has had / is having with individual dealers. If you've ordered with Brad Garlick please post here. If not, you might like to start a thread for your dealer.

My order was placed at Brad Garlick on 24 March by my leasing company (SmartSalary) after BG submitted a successful bid (I imagine that is how it works). They gave me the details of the salesman (Liam) so that I could contact him directly, but apart from getting me to fill in some forms I've heard diddly squat from him, and getting emails answered has been a chore. I tried to send another email yesterday to ask for the stock code and get a build date (last contact was August) and got a bounceback so I guess he has shot through. I forwarded the email to their general address but I might have to try calling if I don't get a reply today. I'm not worried about my order not being in the system though as I got the "It's all yours" email on 01 September, and the leasing companies are normally pretty well on top of that side of things anyway.

The August email from Liam indicated delivery in April but that's not looking real likely.

So that's my status.
Sponsored

Last edited:

lovesny2001

Stang rider
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Swraj
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost 2016
Brad Garlick has been good to me so far..if you re-engage with them try Haris Custovic. Based on the feedback I read here, the overall experience with dealers and Ford has been quite poor esp when compared to US or UK or Europe. Most don't hear much as cars routinely get delayed. I ordered Ecoboost in August 2015 and have probably 10 months to go. Cheers :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peambros

Inner westie
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
RR MY2016 V8 Fastback
Brad Garlick has been good to me so far..if you re-engage with them try Haris Custovic. Based on the feedback I read here, the overall experience with dealers and Ford has been quite poor esp when compared to US or UK or Europe. Most don't hear much as cars routinely get delayed. I ordered Ecoboost in August 2015 and have probably 10 months to go. Cheers :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Went to BG Ford first but underwhelmed by Harris who was more concerned with getting a healthy deposit and telling me I must act fast. Went back last week to look at an EB they had waiting delivery and dealt with Tony Messina who seemed like an OK guy even though I had already ordered through another dealer in their group. Just my impressions.

Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback PP Manual
OK, If its fleet and I imagine it is, you need to Talk to Paul Tomes (fleet Manager) or Lisa-Marie (Fleet administrator)
I've ordered through BG, Very happy but I did know a few people there. Having said that, I know a lot of others at other Ford dealers who didn't get me business. I find BG very easy to deal with, nearly bought an Everest in October for my missus from there as well but she likes the Fortuner so we got that (awesome car)

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
BG have been fine for me - dealing with Haris, he promptly responds to my emails where he can - Ford Aus don't seem to be making it easy for the dealers.

Sponsored

OP
OP
tarabrae

tarabrae

How's the serenity?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Ok so I got a very helpful reply from Paul, giving me my VIN, an expected build date, expected delivery date and links to ETIS, 2WGobal.com and marinetraffic.com. And no wonder I hadn't heard from Liam - apparently he left back in August. Probably hit send on my email on his way out the door.

More confident now that I might get my girl in April after all.

Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback PP Manual
cool!

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
Ok so I got a very helpful reply from Paul, giving me my VIN, an expected build date, expected delivery date and links to ETIS, 2WGobal.com and marinetraffic.com. And no wonder I hadn't heard from Liam - apparently he left back in August. Probably hit send on my email on his way out the door.

More confident now that I might get my girl in April after all.
Good to hear of your update - remember also it's always best to just turn up sometimes, nothing gets info out of your dealer like a face to face.

We shall see about the January builds, I'm also next in line to be built (Ford US say Jan, FordOz say Feb) but I'm still of the opinion that April is wishful thinking. We shall see!

newmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX
Feedback

Hi Tarabrae,

I ordered through Haris back in early 2015 and he has been great through the process.

Since we had a few changes in dates back and forth- Haris was very helpful and offered tinting etc for stuffing around my order. I could not fault Haris- rather the Ford HQ team have made this more complicated than it needed to be.

Anyway--- car is due in late feb on the Tailman. :clap2:

Cheers,

Reactions: ssb

watchman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang GT magnetic
Hi I bought my mustang through Brad Garlick. I put a deposit down on 22/10/14 I think I was 4th on their list . I received delivery of the magnetic GT on 30/1/2016. I was dealing with Des Klein. I found them excellent throughout the process. Des would ring occasionally to keep me up to date . The car arrived 3 weeks before their estimate . When I picked it up they did the big reveal with a cover , and then did an extensive briefing. My last 4 cars were audis and BMWs and I found the process at Brad garlick much friendlier and more professional than my previous 3 purchases.
I have subsequently been back for the 3000km check and they gave me a good free loan car for the day . I would recommend them. cheers mark

Reactions: ssb
OP
OP
tarabrae

tarabrae

How's the serenity?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Yep, have had no real problems. The first guy was a bit slow on the communication but Paul and Ashleigh have been great. Will be picking mine up on the the 26th. I've told them not to worry with the briefing - I've driven several already in the US and enjoy working that stuff out myself anyway.
Sponsored