Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your HP race will end SOON,when Ford gives you your new ELECTRIC -S650 Mustang. Won't that be fun boys !!!!!!!!!!!!!:doh::ford::amen:

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So true! I say this all the time when people think its the Hellcat, but the Hellcat was just the response to the 13-14 GT500
You could take it back to the '03/'04 Cobra as well. At the time, the S/C 4.6 putting out 390 HP and the blower "whine" was a shot across the bow when Camaro had just exited the market and there was really no other car on the market like it and really nothing, domestic to challenge it.......but Ford upped the ante anyway. Then you have the '07 Shelby making 500 HP, '10 GT500 = 540 HP, '11 GT500, Aluminum block = 550 HP, Chevy brings out ZL1 in '12 with 580 HP so what does Ford counter with......'13 GT500 = 662 HP. Then in '15 Ford brings out the GT350/R with ONLY 526 HP but a FPC, 8400 RPM screamer from hell. Camaro fan boys will talk about superior performance numbers but while every new Camaro iteration seems to go directly to discount, the GT350/R march into their 4th model year with MSRP deals being the gold standard.....ADM the norm and discounts nearly non-existent.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

MattMurdock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT
Lol. Yes, I did say it. Although I did join recently, I’ve been frequenting the site since day 1. Furthermore, a quick search will reveal to you that I’m not the only one who has connected the dots regarding TopNotch’s identity. At minimum, he/she is definitely a higher up Ford insider and my money’s on Dave. No matter who it is, I appreciate their engagement with the site, and careful research on your part will also reveal to you that the site itself is a proxy for Ford to engage with its customer base. Don’t you know, Dare Devil has the ability to “see” beyond normal human perception? :ford::headbang:
This guy said it, looking at his post again, he just joined so may not be the most reliable source.

Sponsored

MattMurdock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT
Last edited:

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT
Among Dave's skillsets seems to be his way of finding connections between people and groups that when combined properly with the right motivations, and support bear high level results. I think this seems like a natural progression for him and the organization. Some may argue that it may be a bit too soon for the transition and they may have valid points, only time will tell regarding this aspect of the transition. For those who have watched "A Faster Horse" and read "Return to Glory" you can get sense for how he sizes up a challenge...which apparently he craves...and works his team(s) to achieve maximum results within a given time restraint.

He's clearly passionate about the connections between man and machine, and maybe Ford is feeling at this point in time that they need to refocus and reinvigorate their product line development? Whatever his mission though, I'm sure he'll have a significant impact. Best of luck Dave!

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
The record of Ford Peformance is mixed: The Shelbys (particularly the GT350, being manual only) and the Raptor are great, but they gave up on the FiST, FoST and FoRS (all great cars that are manual only and a blast to drive) and have replaced them with the crappy Edge ST and ponderous Explorer ST. I wonder how Pericak really feels about that.

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT
The record of Ford Peformance is mixed: The Shelbys (particularly the GT350, being manual only) and the Raptor are great, but they gave up on the FiST, FoST and FoRS (all great cars that are manual only and a blast to drive) and have replaced them with the crappy Edge ST and ponderous Explorer ST. I wonder how Pericak really feels about that.
I would have to assume like most internal Ford Performance folks...not very well...
Sponsored