bmatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, 2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L
https://datazap.me/u/bmatt/knock?log=0&data=1-18-35

Working with the tuner now, they want to run some octane booster and check for false knock so I'm going to check into it.

Looking at the pedal logs and knowing that I had some traffic issues I think this is mostly operator induced? I can see my foot dropping throttle around where positive knock comes in.

Looking at the logs overall I have 17707/17834 records with <= 0 knock, 16707/17834 with exactly 0 knock, 127/17834 with any positive knock, and 29/17834 with >= +1 knock. I believe the granularity is around 25 records per second.

I'm just curious what others think. I'm happy the tuner is cautious about the positive knock, but I'm wondering how much its worth chasing down (assuming its not just operator error like I'm suspecting)? I definitely plan on trying the basics they are asking.
Sponsored

GreyBlur16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Mustang GT
You were picking up near 1 count at wot. Car is barely pulling 25* of timing and drops off quick as well. Trust your tuner and do what they ask. That’s what you paid them for.

OP
OP
bmatt

bmatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, 2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Why did you never go WOT?
I thought I was but then I had some traffic on the on ramp and its a little curved, operator error mostly. I'm going to try to go out again later when traffic dies down to see what happens.
Sponsored