Sponsored

Dash screen and sync 3 screen went dark

Benwilj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Comp Orange
Today I noticed my LCD screens flash off and then back on a few times and I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this before.

I recently installed a alpine 1000 watt monoblock and two alpine 10's in the trunk. is it possible that the amp is drawing so much power from the battery that its causing this issue. after i saw the flashes, i turned down the the "RUX Knob" that remotely controls the amp gain and it seams that the flashing stopped.
Other notable is that I checked the voltmeter gauge on the dash and the battery voltage ranged from at first a high of 15 volts and dropping down to 12ish.
So with that said I'm wondering if the s550 has a smart voltage regulator on the alternator and when my bass hits and the battery voltage drops, the regulator is juicing up the battery and over-limiting the screens voltage wise and that's why there shutting off(maybe some type of safe mode.:shrug:
Sponsored

PoppinJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Dropping from 15 volts to 12 is normal while the subs are hitting. Thats why people complain about the lights dimming. I would be willing to bet its more of a loose connection or improper wiring. How did you get your signal to the amp, line out converter or tapping into the low level outs? Did you spice or cut into any factory harnesses? If you unplugged something during the install perhaps the base is causing a loose connection?

OP
OP

Benwilj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Comp Orange
I used four T-taps in the Ds foot well. I tapped into the Ds and Ps bottom door woofer leads in between the amp and the speakers themselves. the alpine amp i have can accept line level speaker source which also uses that signal as a remote turn on.

I'm using a Alpine Mrx-M100
Sponsored