Sponsored

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
This is what I notice with ADM’s. The bigger the dealership, the bigger their overhead. With limited allocations due to the pandemic, they have no choice but to do ADM’s to pay for their big lots which costs more to maintain esp if they are centrally located in the metro area. I found that I ran into less BS and markups the further away I was from the ‘Big’ city dealership lots. They also get ito a death spiral by being forced to keep increasing their ADM’s to pay their overhead as ‘smarter’ buyers look and find better values elsewhere.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The key to getting rid of ADMs is to not pay them, and find another dealer. Problem is, that at some point someone will pay their ransom and encourage their piracy. If you live in a large metro area, like we do, you might have to take a drive or flight to find a dealer that will actually deal with you.
Exactly.

Maybe someone should start a #donotpayDealerADM movement... because if it got traction, vehicles with such ridiculous ADM markups would just sit and we the consumer would have the leverage...

Jasonb543

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
The key to ADMs is DIRECT TO CONSUMER.

There is no need to get new cars through dealers anymore... turn them into service centers.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
No. Ford did not set that price. Ford has been complaining about ADMs, all of which are set entirely by the dealers. Even the MSRP is the SUGGESTED retail price and Ford doesn't "set" a sale price. Negotiation is always an option.
And the other kicker to ADM as noted above is that ADM is NOT recoverable if the owner has to do a Lemon Law/Buy Back claim via Ford RAV.

The reason being, it is NOT a Ford line item on the Window Sticker. Any cost lines or "add-ons" added to any Window Sticker AFTER the MSRP line is a DEALER ONLY ADD-ON, not endorsed by Ford Motor Company. ADM only benefits the selling dealership, not Ford Motor Company and cannot be recovered by Ford RAV. An owner who paid ADM and is trying to do a Buy Back claim will have to fight to recover that $$$ and may need to retain legal counsel for that portion.
Sponsored