• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GripTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse, 2006 Mustang GT
You're most certainly welcome to disagree, as that's your opinion. But I can most certainly tell you that my black 2016 Corvette Z06 most certainly showed scratching from putting the cover on/off when it was not spotless. That silver hides more than you think.
I will concede black or dark colors could be a different animal that I am not familiar with. But as I stated my cover is folded on and off, very little sliding. It's folded on and off like folding a blanket.

My DH is PPF Ceramic and also under a cover but obviously that is protected with the paint protection.
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I will concede black or dark colors could be a different animal that I am not familiar with. But as I stated my cover is folded on and off, very little sliding. It's folded on and off like folding a blanket.

My DH is PPF Ceramic and also under a cover but obviously that is protected with the paint protection.
My DH is ceramic coated as well. It, too, can be scratched, as can PPF. Good luck!

ShelbyMilk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 DH
Talking about indoor covers.....That's the battle in my mind. In all reality you would need to verify the cover is 100% dust/debris free as well as the entire car.

So is it better just to let the dust build up...drive it and then bathe it again vs cover on/off intervals that adds risk each time.

Dunno...splitting hairs and first world problems. LOL

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EcoBoost (101A)
So...what I'm getting here is it's better to have no car cover for a car that's parked outside my residence versus having one? (I'd be daily driving a GT eventually in my case.)

GripTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse, 2006 Mustang GT
So...what I'm getting here is it's better to have no car cover for a car that's parked outside my residence versus having one? (I'd be daily driving a GT eventually in my case.)
Yea, I wouldn't use a car cover if this was my use. My car is only driven once or twice per month so the car cover isn't even being removed that much. And my car never really gets dirty.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
No, I would not remove and install a car cover every day.
Sponsored