Curious About The Faux Gas Cap

RMCrump1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT; 2015 Mustang KB LE 316
I am curious about something and I'm hoping some of the experts here might be able to answer my question. The faux gas cap on the 50 Year appearance package depicts the "official" 50 Year logo with the running Mustang but the cap on our 50 Year LE's says GT then has 50 years under it. Seems like it should be the other way around. Anyone know (or have any guesses) about how that decision was made?
Gas Cap 1.jpg
LE Gas CAp.jpg
Sponsored

humster21

Black Mustang Lover
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
15 Black EB Premium w/PP
That is a Ecoboost in the first picture. The GT's w/ 5oth AP have the GT like your LE

ZlLvH4Y.jpg

cmcmotorworks

CMC Motorworks
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE Mustang #172
The LE a GT model only. The 50th appearance package can be applied to any Mustang model. Hope that makes sense.

OP
OP
RMCrump1

RMCrump1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT; 2015 Mustang KB LE 316
Kris
Thanks for the reply. I didn't think about the EB having a 50 year trim package but naturally it couldn't wear the GT badge so it had to be different.
Chris
Thank you as well. I know the 50 year appearance package is available on non LE GT's but was wondering why the LE didn't get a special logo like the official 50 years one to further distinguish them from other models. Like I said before, mostly just curious.
Sponsored