Cost of Vinyl/Painted Stripes in L.A?

detailz03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
77 Corvette Black W/Flames
Hey Guys, how much did you pay to get your custom vinyl/paint done? My car will be coming in soon ad I wanted to do some custom stripes. So what did you pay?
Sponsored

REDHRSE

PONY UP!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 401A 3.73 gears, Redline int, all options
why pay when you can do it yourself? it takes the ability to read, patience, a measuring tape, level or a calibrated eye, masking tape, a liquid contact mixture (usually dawn, alcohol, and water), a spray bottle, and a sense of confidence. at the end of the day you have something you can be proud of and an extra 150.00 in your pocket. what type of stripes are you thinking of detailzo3?

OP
OP
detailz03

detailz03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
why pay when you can do it yourself? it takes the ability to read, patience, a measuring tape, level or a calibrated eye, masking tape, a liquid contact mixture (usually dawn, alcohol, and water), a spray bottle, and a sense of confidence. at the end of the day you have something you can be proud of and an extra 150.00 in your pocket. what type of stripes are you thinking of detailzo3?
I rather have my stripes painted on since when I detail it, I don't ever have to worry about the vinyl coming up. Plus the vinyl I've seen (color wise) I never liked. Which is why I'm going with paint, however I'm not sure if my local auto paint shop has a palette (I'll end up checking out paint stores as well for chips).

I also don't have a large enough garage to do that, the city I live in can be very dusty and windy which is terrible. I'm not even considering what little time I have as a student and having a full time job. :(

I've attached a picture that another user did a quick Photoshop. The stripes are to run the entire body, not just the hood.

Edit- I forgot to mention. It's suppose to be a matte black stripes, and a regular red glossy stripe. Colors are close but not exact.
b.jpg

Last edited:

Ron Avery

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT coupe
My GT won't be in until the end of next month (I hope). I ordered my car through GALPIN Ford. I did have GALPIN Auto Sports (GAS) give me a quote for two twin vinyl stripes from the front bumper to the back bumper. They cut there own vinyl there. The quote was around $1100. I will have them do the stripes and probably my exhaust system when the car comes in
Ron
image.jpg

OP
OP
detailz03

detailz03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Woaaah, that seems like a lot for vinyl. I was figuring paint would be at most around 1k. And vinyl around 600ish. Was that the cheapest you found or just what you asked the dealer?

Sponsored

Ron Avery

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT coupe
Woaaah, that seems like a lot for vinyl. I was figuring paint would be at most around 1k. And vinyl around 600ish. Was that the cheapest you found or just what you asked the dealer?
That is in the ball park for a non precut job. If you go with the kit it's less money. Galpin does not go with a kit so they have better quality, and the job fits the car perfectly.
Ron

dabsevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Black
Plastidip them. I can't imagine not wanting to change them in the near future or removing them. not to mention resale value on stripes since it's a preference thing. lastly, matte stripes look better than glossy imo.

cduOXOT.jpg

took me 3-4 hours

OP
OP
detailz03

detailz03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Plastidip them. I can't imagine not wanting to change them in the near future or removing them. not to mention resale value on stripes since it's a preference thing. lastly, matte stripes look better than glossy imo.
I don't know enough about plastidip, and I never intend on selling the car. Also vinyl seems of better quality?

mvp90805

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race red mustang GT premium
whats a good spot for smoked/tinted lights?

dabsevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Black
I don't know enough about plastidip, and I never intend on selling the car. Also vinyl seems of better quality?
So pros of plastidip, if you mess up or want to remove it you can peel it off. think of it as a less strong form of vinyl. you can spray any color they have and they have quite a bit. downside, gotta be careful so it doesnt peel up. cant scrub it if you give your car a wash. but its strong enough to be pressure washed without coming off. i guess now that i think about it there is some maintenance to it. vinyl is good but last time i used vinyl stripes the rear bumper's paint came off with the vinyl when i tried to remove it
Sponsored