Sponsored

Cost of doing a GT350 Conversion Front Bumper/Spliter on a 2017 GT Premium ? ? ? ?

CrazedAntelope

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
I've been thinking of doing this swap, but with SpeedKore's extremely light carbon fiber panels.

I started to create scripts to scan the ford parts website, and would create a diff between a GT and GT350 sub parts. I didn't finish that goal, but I have scripts that can screen scrape the Tasca ford parts site for a given URL, and print out the part numbers, name, description and price.

If you're handy, I don't think it would be too hard to pop this data in a CSV and have it open up in MS Excel. If I have the time and motivation this week I can try to finish this up.

Here's the GitHub if you guys want to try to build on this. All you need is "pip install beautifulsoup4"

https://github.com/cnijim/ScreenScraper
Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 1.31.19 PM.png
Sponsored

MaverickSVT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
There are 4 major components that need to be changed for GT350 Front. The fenders, hood, bumper and splash shields. This covers the first one: Fenders. Items in green can carry over from the GT. Major expense here is the fenders and inner fender liners. I will have the next part ready tomorrow!

shelbygt53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
As a person who did this to my car, you also need the GT350 radiator support cause it lowers the bumper which makes it align to the GT350 fenders and allowing the GT350 hood to work.

MaverickSVT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
As a person who did this to my car, you also need the GT350 radiator support cause it lowers the bumper which makes it align to the GT350 fenders and allowing the GT350 hood to work.
Yes that is correct! I have that on the front bumper section that is coming up!

MaverickSVT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Here is the hood portion, some items carry over. Strangely enough on the particular website I got cost for GT hood is cheaper than GT350 hood, crazy.. Tomorrow comes the front bumper..

Sponsored

MaverickSVT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
The front bumper is a little intense in terms of how many components are different, most items that carry over from GT to GT350 are only some bolts and nuts..

MaverickSVT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Finally here is the splash shields.

Total cost of all parts minus the cost of parts that can carry over from GT is $5916 (pricing based on just the site I used) This total does not include painting, is just parts cost.

However I think if you sell the components that came off the GT, you can recoup some of the cost.

There are also ways to further reduce cost if you are just going for looks, such as omitting certain parts such as the hood liner, air deflectors (FR3Z-8310-F & FR3Z-8311-G, one provides air to the engine oil cooler, the other to the transmission cooler) and both air ducs (FR3Z-17F804-A & FR3Z-17F803-A, both bring air to cool the brakes). If I confirm additional parts can be omitted I will update this.

Last edited:

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
After seeing how the $2400 aftermarket front conversion came together on my car, I'm almost thinking I should have gone this way.
$3500 difference is still $3500.
I have ACC, and my biggest worry was if it would still work.
But since the sensor didn't have to move, I'm thinking it will
20180105_155446_resized.jpg

shelbygt53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
If all you want is the look then the aftermarket way is the best but it’s nonfunctional so just depends on your goal

MaverickSVT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
After seeing how the $2400 aftermarket front conversion came together on my car, I'm almost thinking I should have gone this way.
$3500 difference is still $3500.
I have ACC, and my biggest worry was if it would still work.
But since the sensor didn't have to move, I'm thinking it will
I agree with shelbygt53, there are some other unknowns (maybe shelbygt53 can confirm?) such as, will the stock intake clear the new hood and also what emblems to use to cover both the emblem holes on the side fenders (not a fan of fake emblems to pretend car is not a GT). Fortunately front emblem appears to unbolt and finding a replacement coyote one doesn't seem too hard.

Sponsored

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
Here's the aftermarket, non OEM route.
About $4500 all in.
Resized_20180122_120831.jpeg

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
..and I suppose I can always sell these parts and do the full blown conversion in the future if it really bugs me.
...it's bugging me.
Difference is so slight, but it bugs me.
Dang OCD!:frusty:

Asking the shop what it would take to re-do it with OEM parts.
almost.jpg

Last edited:

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
MaverickSVT, thanks for your work in putting together the parts info.
The cost might talk me out of it, but I'm going to see what it comes out to be.

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
One more item...
I also heard you have to get the GT350 washer bottle, since it won't clear the ducts behind the grille.
You can see the blue bottle in my pic above.
Sponsored