Sponsored

Corsa touring with MF x-pipe? possible?

laardilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT FB 2015 EU
Hey guys.
I just installed my magnaflow street cat-back.
The sound is deep and cool outside but waaay too deep inside - mostly around 2k rpm (for example lower speed on 5 or 6 gear is crazy!)
Many ppls say (on forums) there is no drone with MF street but honestly i cant stand it inside at some frequencies. (I have AirAid CAI with tune also - not sure if it cant be involved in the drone too)
So, i want to get corsa touring axle backs, as they seems to be te best for "drone free" exhaust.

Can I pair them with the magnaflow catback x-pipe so i wont need to cut the original exhaust?
Will they fit togeather? And what should i expect the sound will be when i leave the MF x-pipes there??

Iam real noob at this, so if anyone can answer these questions, it will be awesome :)
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
There's a chance they'll fit together but no guarantees. It'll sound pretty close to the sport catback but slightly different (no double X-pipe). You're risking cutting up a sellable catback if it doesn't work. The stock one isn't worth much. You can definitely count on zero drone when you do it, though. I love mine. I had a JBA axleback and X-pipe and it sounded and looked exactly like the magnaflow. Very deep, but it definitely droned and gave me headaches. I got Corsa and never looked back.

I'd grab the full catback from [MENTION=9610]jayman33[/MENTION] (Hypermotive). They have great service and prices, way better than American muscle.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
My Corsa sport axel back bolted up fine to my Steeda X-pipe. The Corsa came with an adapter to match up to the Steeda pipe size. The Corsa is 3” and I believe the Steeda is 2.5”. What is the diameter of the MF where the cut needs to be made to fit the axel back?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
My Corsa sport axel back bolted up fine to my Steeda X-pipe. The Corsa came with an adapter to match up to the Steeda pipe size. The Corsa is 3” and I believe the Steeda is 2.5”. What is the diameter of the MF where the cut needs to be made to fit the axel back?
The MF is 3" but not every axleback will line up exactly the same. Some of the midpipes route slightly different.

earlingy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
Just sell the whole Magnaflow as a whole and get the Corsa Sport catback. Same mufflers as Touring with Corsa's double X. By the time you buy the axle back and have it custom welded to fit, you could've come out the same or cheaper.

Sponsored

OP
OP
laardilla

laardilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanx for tips. I decided to sell the MF and put the Corsa axle back on stock exhausta and we will see.
If the volume will be too low, ill propably try something like MF resonator or so.
I think the xpipes will be too much for me with the volume lvl...

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanx for tips. I decided to sell the MF and put the Corsa axle back on stock exhausta and we will see.
If the volume will be too low, ill propably try something like MF resonator or so.
I think the xpipes will be too much for me with the volume lvl...
Which axleback? The sport axleback definitely has some volume to it. That's what I started with when I first got corsa. If it's the touring axleback it'll be pretty tame with the stock resonator in place, and isn't crazy even with an X-pipe (the double X-pipe that comes with the catback makes it sound incredible), and isn't loud inside st all unless you're getting on it. Cruising and light throttle it's not very loud in the car.

OP
OP
laardilla

laardilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered the touring axle back.
After my experience - I read everywhere that the MF street is silent, no drone etc... and when i got it installed its loud enought for me, but sadly i hate the drone and inside tone.

So i rather stayed at the quieter side. Didnt want anything louder for now. Just no drone and more "hars" style of sound, not just the super bass.
And maybe in future ill change the resonator for some Xpipes or so :)

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered the touring axle back.
After my experience - I read everywhere that the MF street is silent, no drone etc... and when i got it installed its loud enought for me, but sadly i hate the drone and inside tone.

So i rather stayed at the quieter side. Didnt want anything louder for now. Just no drone and more "hars" style of sound, not just the super bass.
And maybe in future ill change the resonator for some Xpipes or so :)
I'm very sensitive to drone/resonance and I can tell you there is none. The JBA I had in 2016 definitely had some light drone and was annoying. Going to the corsa was a revelation, and they don't drone even with headers. I think you'll find you'll want that X-pipe sooner than later ;)

TheGame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium

Which steeda x-pipe did u use. Did u do any modification to fit x-pipe to make it fit?
Sponsored