Sponsored

Corsa Sport vs FRPP Sport

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I had the FRPP Touring and switched to the Corsa Sport, so happy I did! The Corsa just sounds great through the entire RPM range, has absolutely no drone, and the pops and crackles when letting off the throttle just puts a smile on my face every time. I should have gone with Corsa right from the start...

Hit up [MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION], he gave me an excellent deal.
your very welcome!!!! :)
Sponsored

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I am worried, do you think it will be too quiet? like will i still hear it at lower rpm?
I have no problem hearing mine at low rpm when accelerating and I'm just running the touring axle back. You won't really hear when cruising at 2000 rpm in the higher gears, but as soon as you get on it, it wakes up again.

OP
OP

MagGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Auto
I have no problem hearing mine at low rpm when accelerating and I'm just running the touring axle back. You won't really hear when cruising at 2000 rpm in the higher gears, but as soon as you get on it, it wakes up again.
Great! I was driving today and I hate that I cannot hear the exhaust at low rpm or speed. I actually cant tell the difference from the engine noise versus the exhaust and would hope the corsa would clear that up! even at low speed i would like to hear a little rumble. that muscle sound

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Great! I was driving today and I hate that I cannot hear the exhaust at low rpm or speed. I actually cant tell the difference from the engine noise versus the exhaust and would hope the corsa would clear that up! even at low speed i would like to hear a little rumble. that muscle sound
I'd still recommend capping off & pulling the sound tube when you get the exhaust. The way those two sound paths and frequencies interact can be louder than desirable in the car. It cleans up the overall sound too.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
FRPP Borla Sports checking in.

I can't vouch for Corsa, but I love my FRPP exhaust. No drone on the highway, and a mean, noticeable rumble after 3K rpms.

Sponsored

SubZombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP 401A
In regards to the sound tube question - I would recommend the removal (as someone else pointed out) it keeps the engine noise from competing with the exhaust. Also, the engine noise produced by the tube is a bit harsh sounding in low rpm acceleration imo with the exhaust and the car sounding smoother without it. Make no mistake though, some people say they couldnt tell a difference, but after putting almost 30k miles on the car when I removed mine, it definitely makes the interior quieter which isn't a good thing to everyone.

OP
OP

MagGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Auto
In regards to the sound tube question - I would recommend the removal (as someone else pointed out) it keeps the engine noise from competing with the exhaust. Also, the engine noise produced by the tube is a bit harsh sounding in low rpm acceleration imo with the exhaust and the car sounding smoother without it. Make no mistake though, some people say they couldnt tell a difference, but after putting almost 30k miles on the car when I removed mine, it definitely makes the interior quieter which isn't a good thing to everyone.
I'd still recommend capping off & pulling the sound tube when you get the exhaust. The way those two sound paths and frequencies interact can be louder than desirable in the car. It cleans up the overall sound too.

Let me ask you guys, can i put the JLT intake on with the sound tube and then take it off after if i want? as in take off the sound tube with the JLT intake fully installed or would that be too difficult?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Let me ask you guys, can i put the JLT intake on with the sound tube and then take it off after if i want? as in take off the sound tube with the JLT intake fully installed or would that be too difficult?
It's pretty easy to go back and fourth. You can cap it on the intake and see if you like it vs. connected.
Sponsored