Sponsored

Convertible roof pilling/bumps

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Hey,

so my neighbours cat loves my Mustang... I can deal with the hairs he leaves on the roof just fine, but I've noticed he's been testing his claws on the roof... :frusty:

This has resulted in pilling/bumps as you sometimes find on clothes... anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? (it's not major, but once you see it... you know :))

I was thinking of carefully running a sharp razor or "bump remover" over the area but not sure if this would make it worse (i.e. cutting the threads that are now "pulled" up into bumps...)
Sponsored

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
Hey,

so my neighbours cat loves my Mustang... I can deal with the hairs he leaves on the roof just fine, but I've noticed he's been testing his claws on the roof... :frusty:

This has resulted in pilling/bumps as you sometimes find on clothes... anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? (it's not major, but once you see it... you know :))

I was thinking of carefully running a sharp razor or "bump remover" over the area but not sure if this would make it worse (i.e. cutting the threads that are now "pulled" up into bumps...)
I think you should ask your neighbors if they'd like to replace your top... :mad:

sese

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastian
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Check your favorite shopping website for a "fabric shaver". My wife uses this on sweaters and pants and it does an amazing job.

OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
I've now invested in a "top hat" for my car... will look into "fabric shaver" but a bit unsure if it will further damage the top...

edit: googled fabric shaver... and I actually have one of those electric ones :D (language barriers you know) and it was one of the options I was looking at...
Sponsored