Sponsored

Considering trading in my 2017 Ecoboost for a V6?

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Also understand that not everyone who bought a V6 or EB or even a GT was settling for something less than they wanted.

I'm not rich by any stretch, but I could have spent a good bit more on my car (my daily driver all year long) if I wanted to bad enough. My purchase of my car was based on a combination of factors...I would never have bought new at all, but the deal I got was too good to pass up.

Hell I would have never bought a Mustang if a friend hadn't pestered me to drive a '15 and up after my daily was wrecked because of an idiot driver making a left in front of me. I had driver the previous generation and it didn't leave much of an impression regardless.

I wanted a manual transmission. I've had a stick shift daily driver for more than 20 years straight and that's including when I daily drove 4x4 trucks and Jeeps when my kid was smaller. That's my personal choice...I commute and driving in traffic with a stick shift doesn't phase me. After a while it becomes second nature and I'm rarely clutching in and out in stop and go - just creeping along.

It had to meet a certain amount of power and actually be fun to drive.

I had already extensively driven the Camaro (I have friends who own / wrench on them) and I just didn't like it. The driving position wasn't comfortable for me and the visibility issues are no secret. I've driven Challengers, BMW etc etc....and none of them were right for me, for my situation and my personal preferences.

I honestly would have considered a used GT if I hadn't of gotten the deal on my car I did - hell at this point I could put another $5K in my car in mods and end up right around what a clean, used GT would have cost in the first place when I bought my car.

But I prefer buying used cars that are NOT modified at all. I've spent too many hours in the shop / garage undoing and repairing previous owner "modifications" even in non-performance vehicles.

The other issue for me is I like wrenching on my car - it's more of a relaxation thing for me - and hitting the 1/4 mile track fairly often. Buying a GT would have ended up with me breaking things. The GT already makes enough power that eventually putting that power to the ground and even adding to that power - that process always finds the weak link in the drive train, it's the nature of the beast.

I'm just about where I want my car to be and in all honesty my next car will be a project car. One I don't have to worry about being back together to drive to work on Monday etc.

I'm just saying that not everyone's situation is "settling" for something lesser than they really want. There isn't a car built that perfectly suits want I want in a daily driver - no matter the cost - or there isn't one built that I happen to LIKE the styling / interior etc etc. My next project will be another long term project that will hopefully result in another daily that gets as close to perfect FOR ME as I can get.
Sponsored