Sponsored

Colour conundrum

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Having recently placed an order for a Grabber Blue GT at Peoples Edinburgh I am now unsure about the colour as I also have my eye on the Lightning Blue.
When I asked if they would have any of either colour coming in shortly it was unfortunately a no.
I have scoured pictures of both endlessly, but nothing beats seeing them in the flesh. If there are any owners of either colour in the south of Scotland then I'd love to come over and take a look. Needless to see beer tokens or equivalent would he provided for taking up your time.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
South Scotland, you're hoping! But, Northampton meet i can give you a first person reaction to the grabber blue, i've never seen it in the flesh, and on pictures im probably more of a fan of Lightning, haven't seen either in the flesh!

OP
OP

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Think you'll be lucky to see either even if you were more central, they're both pretty new still.
That's what I was thinking and Manders I would appreciate your opinion. I'm 90% certain on the grabber but would love to see it with my own eyes.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
That's what I was thinking and Manders I would appreciate your opinion. I'm 90% certain on the grabber but would love to see it with my own eyes.
Will give you some good photo's I hope! hopefully bringing my girlfriends SLR.

Sponsored

downthepub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miles
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW California
If you can wait, my Grabber Blue GT should pitch up at Peoples Edinburgh in mid December.

OP
OP

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
If you can wait, my Grabber Blue GT should pitch up at Peoples Edinburgh in mid December.
Would be brilliant if I could get a look at it. I only ordered last Friday so don't think I will need to finalise my order anytime soon. I have asked them to contact me just before I need to make a final decision.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Would be brilliant if I could get a look at it. I only ordered last Friday so don't think I will need to finalise my order anytime soon. I have asked them to contact me just before I need to make a final decision.
Not seen a single LB owner int he forums, or on the facebook groups, i know of >ONE< in the country that Kent Mustang had.

SteveyB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT fastback, Ruby Red Auto, custom.
I've seen Lighting Blue in real life and it looks amazing. Personally I would find Grabber blue to be one of those colours I would admire of someone elses but find impossible to live with long term. I t depends on your age and personality but for me it would be LB definitely.

Sponsored

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
Lightning blue is my vote. ;o)

God I wish Lightning Blue was offered when I ordered my 2015. DIB has turned out to be almost as bad as black to keep clean (and I swore I'd never have another black car. LOL)

To my (blue loving eyes) Lightning blue is one of the better blues. I would MUCH prefer a lighter blue than I have.

Good luck with your decision mate.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I know [MENTION=26267]Broomboy[/MENTION] has just picked one up from my neck of the woods, but lives in Scotland

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
God I wish Lightning Blue was offered when I ordered my 2015. DIB has turned out to be almost as bad as black to keep clean (and I swore I'd never have another black car. LOL)

To my (blue loving eyes) Lightning blue is one of the better blues. I would MUCH prefer a lighter blue than I have.

Good luck with your decision mate.
Totally agree with this! I thought it would be loads easier to keep clean than black. Man I was wrong. I cleaned mine on Saturday and by Sunday it was dirty and I hadn't even driven it! :frusty:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Colours are a very personal thing.

Me? I've yet to see either of the new colours on an S550, but Lightning Blue looks to be very classy. It's relatively understated and doesn't need stripes or any other add ons.

Grabber Blue on the other hand is pretty loud and definitely (in my opinion) needs a level of black accents (I'd go wheels/roof/mirrors/hood stripe) to make it look its best. It's also a classic Mustang colour, first introduced on the '69 Shelbys.

If you want a smack-you-between-the-eyes colour, go for Grabber Blue :cool:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

If you want a more subtle, classy colour, go Lightning Blue :)

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg