Sponsored

Clunking After Spring Install

esco11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
So I just got some lowering springs installed and had some clunking from the right front at speed start happening.

From what I've found, I'm pretty sure it's the end link.
Now I had a tough time getting it to go back in to the strut and I had to compress the strut from underneath with a jack to get the end link rod to line up. This obviously put some stress on the end link as I removed the jack.

Going to look at it a bit more tomorrow but now I'm wondering what could caused it to be so off. The driver side came off and went back on with no issues.
Is it possible my front sway bar may be bent?
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
could be that , did you hold a 17mm on the backside while tightening? It might also be the strut end bolt , the one at the top you need a special socket or maybe you can hit it with a strong impact when it's compressed and under weight.

OP
OP

esco11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
could be that , did you hold a 17mm on the backside while tightening? It might also be the strut end bolt , the one at the top you need a special socket or maybe you can hit it with a strong impact when it's compressed and under weight.
Thanks for the response, held the back of the link with the wrench while removing and reinstalling.
Also tightened the strut end nut with an impact wrench and it appears to be far down enough.
I'm gonna take a look at it again after work today but just wanted to see if anyone else had come across something similar.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I had this before and the center strut nut was loose.

OP
OP

esco11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Just to clear this up for myself, should the sway bar end links come out with no pressure after removing the nut?
The driver side came out just like all the videos but my passenger side was under tension.

Sponsored

OP
OP

esco11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Looks like it was the center strut nut, hit it with the impact gun and it seems to be all good as of now.
Thanks for the input guys!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Great to hear!
Sponsored