Clunk/knock noise over abrupt bumps

TangALang_BK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2013 Acura TL, 2017 Honda Pilot
I am really struggling to figure out what is causing a knock noise over abrupt bumps. I believe the noise only started occurring after I lowered the car on track strut and shocks, and RTR lowering springs. I have checked everything 100 times and completely ruled out anything sway bar/end link related. It seems the noise is more prevalent from left front but I did a bunch of swap testing and even re-installed the left front OE strut/spring assembly and the noise can still be heard. Any experienced technicians have an idea? I’m leaning towards noise coming from one of the lower control arm bushings/ball joints because of suspension geometry change…..I have yet to get an alignment because I want to figure out this noise before and the drop was a 1.1” front and 0.8” rear subtle drop….doubtful any alignment would fix it. Thoughts? 20M GT PP1 with 8k miles.
Sponsored

OP
OP

TangALang_BK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
Looks like I didn’t need anyones help here after all. I found that both springs make coil to coil contact at the top on both sides. Everything was installed properly by myself.

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
Looks like I didn’t need anyones help here after all. I found that both springs make coil to coil contact at the top on both sides. Everything was installed properly by myself.
Progressive springs?

The steeda sport Progressives did that hitting a dip square. I thought it was endlinks

Although when I pulled them apart, passenger side was upside down, drivers was not in the pocket correctly.

OP
OP

TangALang_BK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
Yeah progressive. What drove me nuts is that I knew everything was installed properly .

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
did you ever get rid of the clunk?
Sponsored