Sponsored

Cervinis Grille

17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustnag GT
Car looks great. I am also considering the same mod but not a lot of installation info out there.
From what I understand you must screw the grille in place. Can the factory grille be put back in if need be or would the screw holes be visible?
Sponsored

Popo5ohh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Interested in more installation info

Miglo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium w/ PP 401A NAV in DIB
Had I known this thread existed I would of contributed a long time ago...Anyways, here's my .02
Out of the box, the surface of the top/ bottom inner grill trim feels fairly rough and it definitely left a hint of black residue on my fingers. Not sure if it was freshly painted or just resin/ dirt type residue. I do wish it was bit smoother on the finish.
The black metal inserts for the top and bottom are pretty flimsy but that hasn't been a problem for holding up to wind or pressure washing, yet..
The one tool you definitely need is a low profile right angle ratcheting screw driver. You see the angled one in my picture, that worked ok, but I quickly went out and bought a small ratchet type.
They give you a plastic tool to pre mark holes to drill that don't line up quite perfectly but it's doable. But if your off a little too much, you may see a slight gap when tightening down the inner grill trim piece, which you can see happened on mine.
Overall, the looks is awesome and makes you forget about all the B.S. I just listed above. I will probably retighten over the winter and I've been thinking of ways to make the surface smoother!

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
I haven't even installed mine yet, been too lazy. It looks like you can't see the gap when it is on the car. Instead of using the tool, would it be a better idea to tape the grille to the bumper and mark where you want to drill instead? Looks like the upper portion of the upper grille is the only problem? Or I can't see the it in the picture?

Miglo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium w/ PP 401A NAV in DIB
I haven't even installed mine yet, been too lazy. It looks like you can't see the gap when it is on the car. Instead of using the tool, would it be a better idea to tape the grille to the bumper and mark where you want to drill instead? Looks like the upper portion of the upper grille is the only problem? Or I can't see the it in the picture?
Yes, the gap is only at the upper portion and your right, you won't really see it once it's installed...
Unfortunately you can't get in there with a drill if the grille is in place, has to be done without it because you can't see the tabs on the bumper..
It seems the further the grille is pushed forward into the bumper from behind, the less the gap is at the top. So I would recommend after you make your marks on the bumper tabs with the plastic tool provided by Cervini's, then drill your hole just slightly more forward of your mark ( from behind bumper looking forward).
Just keep in mind, the further in the hole is, the harder it is to get a right angle screwdriver in there at the top of the bumper...Also, get yourself a white marker or paint pen to make your marks. I just happened to have a white touch up pen from my previous car.
Hope this helps...
Sponsored