Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hidevolution.com
First Name
Spartan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Z
I have never done Ceramic Coating for any of my cars and the reason I didn't is in my head I'm thinking, what if I scratch the car somewhere, how will they re-do the ceramic on that part only and still match the color/shine from the rest of the car?

The second question I now have is it ok to do ceramic painting on the Jet Figher Gray color or is it just a different color and works the same as any other paint?
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
If you are concerned about a particular area, they should be able to re-apply to that section only.

The underlying color of the car does not matter. The ceramic will finish clear.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Looks like 15+ microfiber towels on the table alone. Obsessive and attention to detail (pun intended). I like that.

Sponsored

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 4Runners and RAV4's
Ceramic can also go over the matte stripe and plastic. Just do it!
Just coated mine yesterday. Was concerned coating the matte finish, but went ahead and coated as others noted it would make the matte glossy. No problemā€¦just made slightly darker/deeper.

First time coating all exterior plastic trim, but that worked well for me.

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
ceramic coat everything you can! Makes it so much easier to keep clean. And it looks amazing

8EAB6B5D-E261-44BA-98E2-D481DC29A622.png

96585A2F-FC77-49CF-BE2C-F9A6EC9D2A33.png

0848AFE0-2D98-4A72-AA9F-DF3CCE8D7E5A.png
I kind of hate you. Your avatar picture made me order a FJG HP car this week. šŸ˜‚

I agree coat everything. I will say that there are so many ceramic products on the market today that could be done at home by an amateur. You donā€™t necessarily have to get it professionally applied anymore. The griots garage three in one ceramic spray on wax is absolutely amazing. Also the graphene coatings are extremely durable as well and easy to apply.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I kind of hate you. Your avatar picture made me order a FJG HP car this week. šŸ˜‚

I agree coat everything. I will say that there are so many ceramic products on the market today that could be done at home by an amateur. You donā€™t necessarily have to get it professionally applied anymore. The griots garage three in one ceramic spray on wax is absolutely amazing. Also the graphene coatings are extremely durable as well and easy to apply.
Congrats! Do you still have your gt350 or is this replacing it?
I wouldnā€™t be too afraid of doing ceramic myself but since they were already doing the PPF it wasnā€™t much more to have them do the ceramic as well. Plus it saved me from having to pull the wheels and do those plus the calipers!

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
Congrats! Do you still have your gt350 or is this replacing it?
I wouldnā€™t be too afraid of doing ceramic myself but since they were already doing the PPF it wasnā€™t much more to have them do the ceramic as well. Plus it saved me from having to pull the wheels and do those plus the calipers!
[/QUOTE/]

I actually have 4 2020Rs. A grabber lime, velocity blue and 2 heritage models. A collector made me an offer on them all that I could not refuse. So they are on the way. I love them but itā€™s hard to justify the $40,000 difference between the R and the Mach. I think the market on those cars will soften as well so I cashed out.

The Mach is almost just as capable for a fraction of the price, with a more reliable motor.
Sponsored