Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
You could always get a CDL. The industry needs drivers badly and easy to land a job over $50k/year that's regional home daily.

By the way, I'm hiring if you have a CDL. lol
Sponsored

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Don't have that. I make mid 50's but my background I should be making a lot more. I'm doing desktop support and used to be a senior systems engineer (IT).

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Central FL has been behind in wages for years. We've got far too many people that move here on a whim or want to move here creating a crazy job market with thousands of people applying for a handful of decent positions. It's supply and demand. When you have a glut of candidates, you can get away with keeping your wages lower. It's unfortunate, but until people stop applying and accepting the wages it'll stay that way.

I was recently unemployed for 9 months. On two interviews I had during that time, the hiring managers mentioned they had over 500 applicants for their positions. At my previous role, anytime I posted a staff position I would easily have half of my applicants from out of state. I'd say probably 90% of all of them just applied to something they had no idea what they were applying to-just to get a job.

It's crazy out there.

chris37mil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (PP)
Trying to avoid Orlando...that would be a nightmare drive everyday...Ocala not much better.
On another note...I'm going to need some help installing everything in my sig...anyone want to help?
Would love to help you install those parts man, but it looks like you're over an hour away from me...if you find yourself near Daytona let me know, would love to hear what that AWE exhaust sounds like in person!

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
How's the commute from Clermont to Orlando these days? I used to have to drive it from Lakeshore Drive to Alafaya years ago.
I work at night so I dodge most of the issues. But there are only two viable ways to get to Orlando from Clermont which is 50/turnpike or hartmarsh rd. 50 backs up big time in the morning. The back way has a lot of traffic with a school zone in Clermont which is a nightmare coming home to. Back road has crap roads as well because of all the new construction and the sand mine. I couldn't imagine working a 9 to 5 and commuting to Orlando....would have to leave several hours early hahahha

But yeah jobs are tough to come by, I tried to get a warehouse job in Groveland (not a very good one) a while back and they had over 100 applicants with some applying from east Orlando......thankfully between working at the park and doing my side stuff I don't do too bad. Just waiting to finish my masters before I take my next step.

Sponsored

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Some would say what I have going for me is experience...but around here me thinks it may be a hindrance. Because I have so much more experience then many people above me, it probably scares them that maybe I might make them foolish. Like I said, they have me doing desktop support when I've built small data centers utilizing state of the art hardware and virtualization...4 degrees, certs...desktop support. I should move, but you cant beat free rent and hardly any utilities...I dunno...I'm here for some reason lol :shrug:
However I would like it be known that I stay humble...I do not overtly flex my intellect, for the above reasons, around the management above me (I did once about IT security and was told such and such have final say on security...from the same person who took down the outside facing firewall just to see if he could get an app to work for the CEO). Rant over.

So, I'm hoping someone around me can help me install my parts (beers/drinks/food on me)(I'll take whomever(s) to World of Beer). If I had to do it myself (I couldn't..especially those freaking bearings) how long approximately do you all think it would take? Does anyone have one of the press tools from like BMR or someone that I could borrow for those bearings?

Last edited:

fewt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I work at night so I dodge most of the issues. But there are only two viable ways to get to Orlando from Clermont which is 50/turnpike or hartmarsh rd. 50 backs up big time in the morning. The back way has a lot of traffic with a school zone in Clermont which is a nightmare coming home to. Back road has crap roads as well because of all the new construction and the sand mine. I couldn't imagine working a 9 to 5 and commuting to Orlando....would have to leave several hours early hahahha

But yeah jobs are tough to come by, I tried to get a warehouse job in Groveland (not a very good one) a while back and they had over 100 applicants with some applying from east Orlando......thankfully between working at the park and doing my side stuff I don't do too bad. Just waiting to finish my masters before I take my next step.
It sounds like it hasn't changed much since I lived out that way. I commuted from Clermont to Tampa for about a year, and that was a nicer drive than going to Alafaya even though it was around 70 miles each way.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
It sounds like it hasn't changed much since I lived out that way. I commuted from Clermont to Tampa for about a year, and that was a nicer drive than going to Alafaya even though it was around 70 miles each way.
Did you go 50 or I4 (or the backways)?

fewt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Did you go 50 or I4 (or the backways)?
I'd head down Lakeshore drive/561 to 33 and take that down to i4. I worked right downtown Tampa at the time, so it was an easy drive.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
That's not too bad. I had to keep going from south Clermont to Temple Terrace for a while so I usually just got on 27/I4. Now I live by lake Louisa and the road work on 27 makes it a nightmare use that section. Haven't been to Tampa in a bit...

Sponsored

fewt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Incase anyone is looking for mobile detailing in the Orlando area, I wanted to give a shout out to Drive N Shine, they did a great job detailing my car.

20171023_151754.jpg

20171023_160658_1.jpg

fewt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Damn that looks good. How long did it take ?
The pictures don't even do it justice. It took a little over three hours for them to wash, wax, detail the interior, and dress the engine bay.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Anybody work at a Ford dealer? I bought a GT350 gauge cluster and it works in the car but I need the mileage changed, etc. and Ford of Clermont is a no go already. I am going to check some of the other dealers in the area but I don't know if any of them can/will do it.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Anybody work at a Ford dealer? I bought a GT350 gauge cluster and it works in the car but I need the mileage changed, etc. and Ford of Clermont is a no go already. I am going to check some of the other dealers in the area but I don't know if any of them can/will do it.
I asked a guy on IG who does this for 13-14 cluster swaps to see what he knows.

**Edit - he sent me to Odo-pro.com
Sponsored

Last edited: