Sponsored

Cat-Back Installation assistance

paul_g

Hi, I'm in the East Valley of Phx, and ordered a Roush Cat-Back (non Active Exhaust) for a 2019 GT / CS. The videos look easy peasy… What I'm asking is that if there is anyone in my area (a shade tree mechanic), etc, that has time to help me do the factory uninstall and installation of the new system, and access to a lift.

I realize it can be done on jack-stands, etc... but due to an injury I cannot crawl around under the car. Lifting it to an appropriate height would be more advantageous.

I got one quote on the install and it was nearly $400.00.... I'm trying to avoid that. :) Thanks!
Sponsored

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Ouch - that is crazy. My local shop here in Prescott AZ - charged me only 40.00 (6 months back) to install the Ford Perf XPipe - cat back is easier than that (no cutting) - simply unbolt and drop down. Keep shopping around and explain it to them - they should have a good idea on what needs to be done.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
You should probably look for more installers. I paid $125 to have my Active Exhaust mufflers installed, and that included two new exhaust clamps.

JR

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Hi, I'm in the East Valley of Phx, and ordered a Roush Cat-Back (non Active Exhaust) for a 2019 GT / CS. The videos look easy peasy… What I'm asking is that if there is anyone in my area (a shade tree mechanic), etc, that has time to help me do the factory uninstall and installation of the new system, and access to a lift.

I realize it can be done on jack-stands, etc... but due to an injury I cannot crawl around under the car. Lifting it to an appropriate height would be more advantageous.

I got one quote on the install and it was nearly $400.00.... I'm trying to avoid that. :) Thanks!
I would be happy to lend a set of hands but no lift or proper tools sorry. If you don't mind a drive, pro muffler at 91st ave and Bell Rd has done good work for me in the past. Prices are reasonable too. Try giving them a call

OP
OP

paul_g

Thanks for all the replies, I contacted my local guy who did all my mods on my Ecoboost, and we've got it scheduled for tomorrow. I appreciate all the replies. :)

Sponsored

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Thanks for all the replies, I contacted my local guy who did all my mods on my Ecoboost, and we've got it scheduled for tomorrow. I appreciate all the replies. :)
I see that you're in Chandler so probably not too far from where I live. I'm away this week but let me know if your arrangement falls through.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
How did it go?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Great, they got it done pretty fast. Roush is pretty outrageous. Probably too much....
Any other state than AZ I’d be so illegal.
Just wait til you add long tubes :):rockon:
Sponsored