Sponsored

Cars & Coffee @ Carlsbad...then Cruise Historic 101 (County Route S21)?

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Just a thought. :)
After dropping my father-in-law ('65 Mustang owner :) ) at his house in PB post-C&C today I decided to cruise around for awhile. I traveled back up the 5 a bit, exited at Del Mar Heights, hit 101 (S21) up to Oceanside then came up with this idea...

If you guys are into it, one of these Saturdays we could start up a caravan and cruise the historic highway. After C&C we can continue up the 5 and exit at O'side, at the Chevron / Denny's / Hwy 78. Coast Highway (101) begins there. Takes about 45 min - 1 hour to do the whole stretch back down at (kinda) the speed limit (lots of cops!). Just after C&C could not have been better timing (~9:00ish)...no traffic backups and chaos...and the more south you go, the better the scenery. Eventually you encounter wide open views of the ocean. The only thing that slowed drivers down a little today was this giant group of bicyclists in Solana Beach/Del Mar, but after several stop signs/lights, we got way past them.

If you don't want to drive the whole thing down to La Jolla-ish, there are opportunities to hop off and hit the 5...but I don't recommend it. :p

This would be a great mini road trip for our OC and LA-area friends to get in on, too. ;)
Sponsored