Sponsored

Car Transport?

mvisible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello all,

Need to transport my GT350 from Arizona to California. The trip is ~300 miles and i was kicking around the idea of transporting it myself by renting a uhaul trailer and my truck. I got a quote from a couple professional carriers and the average price falls around $600. To rent the uhual is about $50-$100 and about a 4 hour drive each way.

Any recommendations for pulling this off? Is this a good idea?

Thanks!
Sponsored

GT350AG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
16' GT350
Sounds like you can do it and I've heard you can put insurance through uhaul

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
1-way ticket to the city(if possible), and have your salesman pick you up from airport. Drive that bad boy back. Just keep a healthy distance from any Semi's. Drove my car for a month before I put my clear bra on. Kept a paranoid amount of distance from any vehicles and didn't get any rock chips.

Prowl647

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Do it yourself. It'll be a trip you'll remember. I'd never trust a transport company ever again although I am sure there are plenty of good ones. I'm just gun shy

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
There are plenty of YouTube videos that will should you what can go wrong with transporting. Only do if you have too.

Sponsored

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
got my viper shipped from los angeles to houston for $1100 enclosed about 1500 miles, $600 is expensive for that short of a distance

Supercup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT4, Z/28 - Shelby FP350s (future)
Hello all,

Need to transport my GT350 from Arizona to California. The trip is ~300 miles and i was kicking around the idea of transporting it myself by renting a uhaul trailer and my truck. I got a quote from a couple professional carriers and the average price falls around $600. To rent the uhual is about $50-$100 and about a 4 hour drive each way.

Any recommendations for pulling this off? Is this a good idea?

Thanks!
$69 over on Southwest - drive it home! No better way to go.

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
I'm in the same boat. I need to ship my car from Texas to Colorado. I would drive it, but I have my daily that I have to get to Colorado as well. The last time I had a car shipped I got a big dent in the roof, so I'm pretty gun shy.

Based on my research I'm likely to go with Executive Auto Shippers. They get very good reviews and have been in business for a while. I'll let you know how it works out.

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
I'm in the same boat. I need to ship my car from Texas to Colorado. I would drive it, but I have my daily that I have to get to Colorado as well. The last time I had a car shipped I got a big dent in the roof, so I'm pretty gun shy.

Based on my research I'm likely to go with Executive Auto Shippers. They get very good reviews and have been in business for a while. I'll let you know how it works out.
Why not ship the daily instead? Much less worry if the transport company damages it rather than your GT350. (I'm making an assumption, of course, that your daily is not as valuable as your GT350.)

Given the choice between trusting my car with a third party or driving it, I'll always drive it. (I flew to Baltimore to take delivery of my GT350, and drove it home to Indianapolis one year ago, and I have no regrets at all.) :cheers:

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
My problem is having to ship mine from Germany to the states next year.

Talk about being stressed

Sponsored

El Diablo

Made in USA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
www.intercitylines.com

Best in the business.
Not cheap but you get what you pay for.

Used them for NYC to Vegas. Top shelf service.

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
Lemers, Just a thought .Could you investigate the 350 market over there & possibly pull off selling it & buying back home?

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
Why not ship the daily instead? Much less worry if the transport company damages it rather than your GT350. (I'm making an assumption, of course, that your daily is not as valuable as your GT350.)
I need to also transport at least one additional human and enough stuff to live on for a month. My BMW wagon is going to be stuffed to the headliner.

www.intercitylines.com

Best in the business.
Not cheap but you get what you pay for.

Used them for NYC to Vegas. Top shelf service.
From Intercity: "We could not offer you good availability with timing on this move as this is not a normal route for us. Thanks."

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Lemers, Just a thought .Could you investigate the 350 market over there & possibly pull off selling it & buying back home?
Trust me; if i were a single man i would have already explored that; mainly because i have a tech package car. But convincing my wife to put up with my selling a car that was supposed to be my final sports car and buying another may be a line i cant cross

JasonsShelby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
I just bought a 2017 Gt350 from Texas and had it shipped to San Diego from San Antonio. It was shipped through Montway in an enclosed big rig. I paid 975. I would give them 5 stars.
Sponsored