MrVu1101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, 401A
Hey guys,

So I've been noticin that my car will raise RPM during cold starts without touching the throttle then drop down, whereas I seem to remember it will start up and just drop down after a few seconds. The only thing I've done to the car so far is a magnaflow catback. Does this sound like an exhaust thing to you?
Sponsored

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
its cooler out now, its normal.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Hey guys,

So I've been noticin that my car will raise RPM during cold starts without touching the throttle then drop down, whereas I seem to remember it will start up and just drop down after a few seconds. The only thing I've done to the car so far is a magnaflow catback. Does this sound like an exhaust thing to you?
Yes normal. This is also the main reason the exhaust is so much louder at cold start, especially noticable on aggressive aftermarket types.

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
It is something set up in the cold start cycle. Mine does the same thing. It'll start, sit at about 1000 rpm for a couple seconds, go up to 1500, then slowly drop.

atekido

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Normal procedure in cooler temps. Engines Run better at certain temperatures and are more efficient at specific heat range. the higher start RPM is to negate the rough idle at cold temps until the engine gets to a warmer operating temperature pretty much.

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
These young kids never got to experience the joys of a manual choke!
Sponsored