Camber and toe adjustment

Myweepony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
I asked the question in the UK section a few weeks ago but didn't really get the replies I was looking for. So I'm casting my net a bit wider in the hope that someone has the knowledge.

I'd like to know the sort of range of adjustment you can get with the standard suspension. ie front camber-very little, toe- as much as you want. If, for example, I wanted 1/10 degree toe in I doubt that I'd be winding in the tie rod 10 turns but can anyone tell me roughly how much I'd need to turn it?

Also, on the rear, what do the numbers and marks on the washers relate to?

I have basic tools that will measure this stuff but knowledge is power as they say.

Thanks guys:cheers:
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Your best bet is get on an alignment machine.
The S550's suspension adjustment is horrible.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I just added BMR CB006 and two rear tires so I needed an alignment. Before proper alignment it was -1.0 front left & -1.1 right. The rear was -1.5 both sides. Now I have -1.5 all around.

OP
OP

Myweepony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
I had it on a laser machine yesterday and all came up fine. In fact the guy mentioned that it was pretty good for a factory set up.

The plan is, use these settings as a base line and compare them against the results that I get from my tools.

Then I'm going to change the suspension to Pedders adjustables and fit a CB005. Hopefully I can then set it to something like I want but ultimately I will be taking it back to the alignment shop. I'd just like to get it somewhere close. Plus it keeps me occupied.
Sponsored