Bumper Keeps unclipping

Brian@Vossen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang with a V8
Does anyone else have this problem and a solution? I bought a brand new bumper and clips that attach to the body of the car and the bumper keeps popping out even after I hear it clip in. The screw that is nearest to the wheel is destroying the O-Ring clip on the bumper since it keeps popping out near the headlight and pulling against the threads on the screw. Anyone have a solution to this????
Sponsored

d4rk_hrs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT PP
Check to make sure the bumper is not binding somewhere and putting pressure on the clips.

Without the clips pushed in, does the bumper sit in the right place without needing to pull up on the sides to get the clips to engage?

In other words, does the bumper sit where it needs to be and you just push inwards to engage the clips or do you have to pull up on the bumper to be able to push the clips in to engage them?

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
there's two spots where it secures. One is where the screw is, the other is next to the headlight, you have to push it in (you'll hear a faint click). When I replaced my bumper the part near the headlight kept popping out, I imagine stressing the part with the screw. No issues since I pushed it in a bit.

Try that. These covers were horribly engineered.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Unbolt the cover, then clip it in. The start reinstalling the bolts, starting in the center and working your way out to the edge, alternating left to right. This will help prevent any binding. Then the final step is the "bitch bolt" inside of the fender well.
Sponsored