Built engine components

TorresDoe8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
Not sure if this is the right thread but I'm looking to build my engine later on next year to hold a good amount of boost reliably. What are the primarily components of the engine to build/upgrade for this? SC/OPG have already been upgraded.
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
What are your power goals, is this a street car or a track car or both?

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Rods, pistons, Head studs, main studs minimum. Then timing chain and tensioners. What generation engine? What do you consider a good amount of boost 20-25psi? 30-40psi? What you need will depend on a few things.

OP
OP

TorresDoe8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
Rods, pistons, Head studs, main studs minimum. Then timing chain and tensioners. What generation engine? What do you consider a good amount of boost 20-25psi? 30-40psi? What you need will depend on a few things.
20-25 PSI would be ideal, gen 2 engine

Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Buy once cry once.

I realize everyone is on a budget, but here's some perspective: In the world of shooting optics, European manufacturers have generally been regarded as having the best rifle scopes. Companies like Schmidt & Bender, Kahles, Swarovski, Zeiss, etc.

I once saw an old newspaper ad for Schmidt & Bender that read "Only a rich man can afford to go hunting with a cheap scope."

What it was eluding to, is that Europeans who go on Safari in Africa and spend all the money of the travel, lodging, meals, etc and go on an expensive guided hunt only to be hindered by poor optics.

In the car enthusiast community, I see it all the time. I realize everyone has budgetary limitations, but it's better to do it once and do it right while you're there. So build the motor to handle WHATEVER you might throw at it down the road. Go full out, ARP everything, race bearings, billet I beam rods, race pistons, good rings, get it sleeved, etc.

Cause if you're like most of us, it's a sickness that never ends. You'll always want more. And if you skimp, you'll just be kicking yourself that you didn't spend that extra money on something while they were assembling the block (aka like sleeving, or going with a more expensive con rod).

Unless you've decided that you're ONLY going to make a certain amount of power and NEVER want more in the future, it's better to spend the little bit of money NOW than arrive at the point of wanting more later just to discover that overall it was more expensive to upgrade in increments than doing it right/all the way the first time.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
20-25 PSI would be ideal, gen 2 engine
A sleeved block or cylinder supports. Cylinder supports are good for 1100-1200 daily
If it’s a daily driver Mahle 4032 piston kit. They are forged but don’t need a lot of piston to cylinder wall clearance so they don’t rattle on start up. Not as strong as 2618 pistons but still plenty strong for your power goals. First choice for rods is Boostline A-beam rods second is compstar H-beam. Boss crank. 2018 oil pan. Gt350 primary chains. Aftermarket secondary chains. Boss chain tensioners. Gt350 vct sprockets
What kind of budget are you working with

Last edited:

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Not sure if this is the right thread but I'm looking to build my engine later on next year to hold a good amount of boost reliably. What are the primarily components of the engine to build/upgrade for this? SC/OPG have already been upgraded.
Call up a reputable engine builder and have them quote you a short block.
They will have the specs in there for you.
Sponsored