VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
[ame]

Love this thing. I will embrace for the hate. Granted I do not like the production type R quite as much. I think the factory wing is awful.
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Ran a 7:50 ring time. Video is out there. Got up to 168mph on the long straight right before the finish line.

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
oh, it's the real deal... of that you can be sure.

might run into teething issues etc, but it's deserves the historical title of Type R

OP
OP

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Ran a 7:50 ring time. Video is out there. Got up to 168mph on the long straight right before the finish line.
Yea, I watched it. It looked like it did it effortlessly with very little drama. I do like how the turbo didn't take away from the engine noise as much as other cars. I must admit that vtec motors sound really good for a 4 cylinder. Granted this is when they don't have a ridiculous exhaust system installed.

Sponsored

OP
OP

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
oh, it's the real deal... of that you can be sure.

might run into teething issues etc, but it's deserves the historical title of Type R
I foresee issues with that high output DI turbo 4 just like I foresaw coming in the ecoboost mustang. I wish that the motor still revved out to 8-9k like the old type R's but like I said at least you can still hear the vtec engagement. With import tax, and all the technology in the new type r, I would be surprised if the price tag was over $40k. Honda fan boys have been begging for the Type R's for years, but a lot of them fail to realize they wont be able to afford them brand new. I think at the price and the risk of teething issues, the 5.0 was a better buy for me. I like the design a lot more on the outside of the mustang, RWD, and the v8. We'll see where the car goes in the coming years.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Yea, I watched it. It looked like it did it effortlessly with very little drama. I do like how the turbo didn't take away from the engine noise as much as other cars. I must admit that vtec motors sound really good for a 4 cylinder. Granted this is when they don't have a ridiculous exhaust system installed.
I was impressed watching that video, too.

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
And yet there will still be those people in beaten up rust buckets from 1991 proclaiming how FWD cars still can't do anything substantial. :frusty:

OP
OP

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
And yet there will still be those people in beaten up rust buckets from 1991 proclaiming how FWD cars still can't do anything substantial. :frusty:
Its a subjective argument for sure. There are pros and cons to both layouts like anything else. FWD does tend to struggle as it is essentially fighting physics with the front wheels trying to power and turn the car but with the right technology it can compensate as you can clearly see here. I think even with the new type r, Honda's glory days are behind them. Emissions and Safety standards are making cars heavier, resulting in a need to increase power. The simple design of say the integra type r was what made it so great. That car weighed 2500 lbs and required little torque to pull its weight. The new Si weighs roughly 3000 lbs and now uses a larger, torquier engine to compensate for the weight. The balance of the car is simply not there. This was what gave me the push to a polar opposite and got me in a v8 lol. I can't say I am disappointed at all.
Sponsored