Sponsored

Broken Recaro seat?

RWDNUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Leadfoot Gray GT350R
My driver's side Recaro rocks a bit from a 1 o'clock to a 7 o'clock position...it's not the rails those are secured tightly. Not sure if the seat is broken or this is normal. I'm only 170 lean pounds. Car has 800 miles on it. It's almost as if the back rest and the bottom cushion are loose. Any one else feel this?
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Take it in. That's not right. If anything, you put that on course or road track and that could potentially be a hazard.

EDIT: Is there a clunk or clank as you do that?

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
Sounds dangerous, get it checked.

OP
OP
RWDNUT

RWDNUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Take it in. That's not right. If anything, you put that on course or road track and that could potentially be a hazard.

No noises just play in the seat......I'm gonna have them take a look when I go in for a 1k mile oil change....just hate the though of ppl jumping in and out my seat to see what the issue is.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RWDNUT

RWDNUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Just curious - How did you get Recaros in a Tech Package?
I have a 2016 Track not Tech

OP
OP
RWDNUT

RWDNUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Then you'll probably want to edit the details in your sidebar that say your drive a Tech. ;)

Oooohhh lol you are right...sorry my original deposit was on a Tech car...arrived with damage on it and was replaced with a Track car I built to my specs ;)

Sponsored

live2ride90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
My tech pack driver seat moves as well, I haven't had a chance to take it in but I will soon. I have some IPA weight sitting at 205...

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
My driver recaro seat has some play in it now after 4 years. I’m a big guy at 285 and 6.6” and have 50 track days so not unexpected but it’s not floor bolts and not sure what it is. Feels like a crunch and shifts when entering/exiting turns. I’m still under warranty so hopefully can get Ford to get me a new seat as I don’t see how it’s repairable and quite annoying on track. It’s not noticeable on street not pulling good g’s like on track, but you can physically push/pull the seat base to replicate it and my passenger seat defiantly doesn’t do this and is rock solid.
Sponsored