Sponsored

Brembo brakes

Amacron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I have read all the brembo brake threads.

I cannot find the answer I am looking for so here it goes

I am in the process of replacing my non pp brakes with the 50 anniversary brembos.
Can I reuse the brakes lines for the non pp car when I replace them with the brembos?

Do I need new banjo bolts?

Does any one have the instructions in PDF from the Ford shop manual for installing them and for bleeding the brakes?
Sponsored

Eulisess550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 OW GT
I did the swap myself. I got stainless steel lines for the stock 4 piston and they happened to work with the Brembos. I don't see why the stock ones wouldn't fit if the aftermarket ones did. Mine didn't come with new bolts, used the stock ones and they're still working fine. Hope this helps!

wait4me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I did the swap from the 4-piston to the Brembos. I reused everything except, replacing the copper washer in the banjo bolt! The copper washers are there to make it a tight seal if not it will leak if you reuse them. I made this mistake and have the brake fluid leak on my wheels and they have stained them. Just go any autozone and buy the copper washers. I can't remember the sizes, but i'm sure autozone carries them. There is 4 copper washers that needs to be replaced with the swap.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Yea don't reuse the copper washers. Such a cheap part but pain in the ass to replace because you have to re-bleed everything.

wait4me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yea don't reuse the copper washers. Such a cheap part but pain in the ass to replace because you have to re-bleed everything.
Yeah, I wasted a bottle of Motul 600 :headbonk: but I was lucky that I kept double checking and found it leaking. Anyone reading this thread please learn from my mistakes!

OP
OP
Amacron

Amacron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have the brake system in PDF?
Sponsored