Sponsored

BREITLING, ROLEX, TUDOR, OMEGA, anybody into high end watches?

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Last edited:

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DavidSW is supposed to be one of the best non-AD dealers in the country. Haven’t bought from him but heard a lot of good things. I bought several watches from Nashvillewatch.com and Takuyawatches.com, they were great to deal with and watches were as described. Have to admit that I was very nervous about my first purchase, wiring some guy with a website a lot of money but I had people I trust assuring me that they were legit and it was true. Bought my first two at authorized dealers, which is of course 100% peace of mind purchase, but the problem these days is that it is really hard to get the “hot” watches through authorized dealers (endless wait lists etc.) but that is a whole different topic. Tudor definitely easier to get.
Yeah this is why I'm going to start off with an AD. Also I'm a strong believer in physically checking out products in person if you can before buying them online. Im super picky and buying clothes online can be a hit or miss. Definitely worth it if you are going to dump considerable money imo.

I didn't really know ADs were like that, lol this is honestly my first time buying a watch since 2014. It isn't normal for me to walk in jewelry stores. And I really don't know anything about the watch industry.

So is there any benefit to going through an AD over online or vice versa? Some of the manufacturer warranties are pretty good. The only thing I can think of is that you can see it in person and they can fit it to your wrist.

I would consider getting the Breitling I want from one of those retailers, now that I've seen it in person and tried it on

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So is there any benefit to going through an AD over online or vice versa? Some of the manufacturer warranties are pretty good. The only thing I can think of is that you can see it in person and they can fit it to your wrist.
In terms of the watch itself, and if the online source is legitimate the answer is no. That said, there is something to be said about the buying experience. My old AD up in NJ was a great guy and I spent a lot of time in his store just talking about watches. Got to try on a lot of watches that I knew I would never be able to afford. You can’t do this online. My AD also had a watchmaker on site who did all of my servicing.

It appears you found an AD you’re happy with. As long as they can service your needs stick with them and continue to build that relationship. But if the time comes to go elsewhere, a top notch online dealer is a great alternative.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
In terms of the watch itself, and if the online source is legitimate the answer is no. That said, there is something to be said about the buying experience. My old AD up in NJ was a great guy and I spent a lot of time in his store just talking about watches. Got to try on a lot of watches that I knew I would never be able to afford. You can’t do this online. My AD also had a watchmaker on site who did all of my servicing.

It appears you found an AD you’re happy with. As long as they can service your needs stick with them and continue to build that relationship. But if the time comes to go elsewhere, a top notch online dealer is a great alternative.
This, 100%

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I'm more of a midlevel watch guy, Tissot is a favorite of mine.

Some watches, though are shocking. The latest I saw to make my jaw drop:

g?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvPLPoTrV-LV-RJUtEPOjbGP4kZLPi4NqP4C0DClrjFxFqlUvCwV0V73DOGKYiCBbaufuE5Pc&usqp=CAE.jpg

$1,690,000.00.......pre owned.
Holy shit............
Their museum is beyond impressive. In some ways it reminds me of the Mercedes museum, in that it explains the evolution of their watch designs in context of social-historical evolution. Worth visiting if the opportunity ever presents itself.
https://www.patek.com/en/company/patek-philippe-museum

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Their museum is beyond impressive. In some ways it reminds me of the Mercedes museum, in that it explains the evolution of their watch designs in context of social-historical evolution. Worth visiting if the opportunity ever presents itself.
Looks insanely cool. Will be sure to stop by next time I'm in Switzerland (never :giggle: ) .

But seriously if you would like to see some Rolex history a little closer to us in the lower 48, head here.

https://www.watchesofswitzerland.com/store/4270

1610905475176.png

There are also a number of other great watch boutiques in the Wynn Shops

https://www.wynnlasvegas.com/shops#wynn-esplanade

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
This was on the list for our trip back to my wife's family in CH last summer... Hopefully we'll get another chance to make that trip in the next year or so.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Looks insanely cool. Will be sure to stop by next time I'm in Switzerland (never :giggle: ) .

But seriously if you would like to see some Rolex history a little closer to us in the lower 48, head here.

https://www.watchesofswitzerland.com/store/4270

1610905475176.png

There are also a number of other great watch boutiques in the Wynn Shops

https://www.wynnlasvegas.com/shops#wynn-esplanade
Definitely plenty of places to buy Swiss watches outside of Switzerland.

Regarding Rolex--it is definitely a great marque among Genève watches. However, they strike me as being more commercial and less unique than many of the others. Just my perspective.

The real score is to find an "off brand" Swiss watch made by a family-run business. There are lots that are centuries old and very hard to find.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
New Superocean 2 42 here. Been wanting one. Found they were discontinued. Luckily, one of the only two Breitling factory outlets is here and they had a brand new one. Thanks to wife, it’s mine.
696BAFAA-0C38-4B62-80F6-5EF564209F2F.jpeg

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Definitely plenty of places to buy Swiss watches outside of Switzerland.

Regarding Rolex--it is definitely a great marque among Genève watches. However, they strike me as being more commercial and less unique than many of the others. Just my perspective.

The real score is to find an "off brand" Swiss watch made by a family-run business. There are lots that are centuries old and very hard to find.
Just FYI, the Rolex Boutique in Las Vegas is not just a retail outlet. It has a “History of Rolex“ walkthrough that is fascinating. A lot of great historical information plus some very unique and valuable watch’s. When I was there it was the only one in the US.

Horseplay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium 401A Magne-Ride Recaro show stopper red
Yeah the specific one I want is this one, model C1P3 with the all blue surface. In the store they had a similar blue Navimeter 46 which was really nice because of the 46mm diameter but I don't like how the edges are white and not fully blue.

It seems like the 41 is the only one with the all blue surface which is interesting.

a17326161c1p3-navitimer-automatic-41-rolled-up.png
With all the current hype surrounding luxury watches aside, that’s a gorgeous watch. I really do like Breitling’s crocodile leather straps. They really are as thick and luxurious as the pictures portray.

Sadly, my wrists are too small for most standard size straps and I’m too OCD about my strap fit, so I usually go bespoke straps.

Last edited:

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With all the current hype surrounding luxury watches aside, that’s a gorgeous watch. I really do like Breitling’s crocodile leather straps. They really are as thick and luxurious as the pictures portray.

Sadly, my wrists are too small for most standard size straps and I’m too OCD about my strap fit, so I usually go bespoke straps.
I tried the Navimeter 46 and the straps felt good. I feel like Breitlings are known to have really thick bands. I have noticed that the metal bands are always heavy and pretty meaty compared to other brands (could be wrong).

I have skinny wrists too, even more skinny now that I am 25 lbs under by normal weight (nothing fits me now lol) but the salesman modified the strap for a comfortable fit, it felt really good.

I've only seen pictures and videos, but I actually like the shade of blue and the material of the Tudor BB58 leather better, but its not as thick and wide as the Breitlings which I don't like but not a deal breaker. Both are good watches regardless, I really don't think anyone can go wrong with either one, which is why Im getting both :)

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okay I couldn't wait lol. I had a change of plans. Since I could get the Breitling discounted pretty heavily ($1,000 off) I decided to get it now instead of waiting and paying full price later in the year. Since I have the Tudor on reserve I'll just wait for it and push it back till June or my birthday in September.

I got the alligator leather with the folding clasp. At first I didn't like it because it was awkward and hard to get off. But I looked into it and it's actually better than the Tang because it causes less wear. It was hard to undo because it's different than what I am used to so I just need some practice to get familiar with it. I had no idea folding claps were a thing with leather. The Tudor only comes with a folding clasp too so I'll be ready once it comes in :)

I ordered the Breitling, it'll come in on Friday. So Friday or Saturday I will be picking it up. Will upload pics once I get it. Thanks guys :)

I will have a hard time sleeping because I cannot contain my excitement.

Last edited:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I love my Superocean, but with few exceptions I find most other Breitling watches either too busy, too big or too blingy if you know what I mean.
Sponsored