Sponsored

Boss tensioners

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I’m currently doing CSS and OPGs on my 2020 GT in combination with the Whipple install. I have a set of Boss tensioners and the MMR drivers side bracket. I’m wondering if there is any good reason not to install the boss tensioners. I understand there may not be much advantage, but I don’t want to install them to later find out there was some disadvantage.
Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I’m currently doing CSS and OPGs on my 2020 GT in combination with the Whipple install. I have a set of Boss tensioners and the MMR drivers side bracket. I’m wondering if there is any good reason not to install the boss tensioners. I understand there may not be much advantage, but I don’t want to install them to later find out there was some disadvantage.
There are good reasons to install them but none not to. The boss tensioner is what you should be using along with gt350 primary chains and aftermarket secondary chains

OP
OP

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are good reasons to install them but none not to. The boss tensioner is what you should be using along with gt350 primary chains and aftermarket secondary chains
Hadn't heard of or considered the Gt350 chains. Currently on backorder until late next month, so that won't be happening....

OP
OP

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Who do you recommend for secondary chains? The set I have turns out to be not much more than a re-branded stock set of chains and grossly mis-advertised. Going to have a conversation with the company this morning before exposing them for their bs.

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
OP
OP

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Weight and measurements confirmed an insignificant difference and certainly not even in the ballpark of what they are advertised as. Perhaps Ford improved the stock chain at some point? Mine is a 2020. I have a bunch of pics confirming my findings that I may post pending my conversation with them.

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Weight and measurements confirmed an insignificant difference and certainly not even in the ballpark of what they are advertised as. Perhaps Ford improved the stock chain at some point? Mine is a 2020. I have a bunch of pics confirming my findings that I may post pending my conversation with them.
It had 1 and 2 green links?

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
I just swapped to Stage 2 Comp Cams last month and while I was in there I also did Boundary OPG/CS, MMR driver-side secondary tensioner flip bracket, and finally Boss 302 primary tensioners. My drivetrain is so much quieter now.

My car had the TSB for the Primary tensioners causing a chirping sound at cold-start. Sounded like the drive belt chirping but it is actually one of the primary tensioners causing the sound. Like I said, the Boss 302 tensioners solved that issue and my drivetrain is now super quiet (other than the Direct Injection).

Also, I reused my stock chains. Nothing wrong with them.
Sponsored

Last edited: