Sponsored

Borla ATAK active exhaust problems

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I had gotten my new exhaust installed on my 2019 Bullitt yesterday. Today was my first time driving it, the only two modes that work with the active exhaust is normal and sport. After starting the car and flipping through the valves numerous times I realized that they do not open the same amount.
The exhaust is the only modification I have on the car so far. Is this normal or is the motor on the valve fucked up?
Sponsored

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Likely installed incorrectly. The springs on the valve motors have to line up properly when you put them back on the new exhaust valve housings so the butterfly valves work correctly.. I did my Borla S-Type Active myself and it was a little bit of fiddling to get it lined up before doing up the actuator nuts. Easy to see how it could be miss-aligned and done up and not work correctly. There is an CJ Pony parts video where they show it being done, that will give you the idea.

Last edited:

LethalBlake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F150
I agree with him^ .. I actually helped a customer with this recently and we solved it by going over his alignment. Borla provides very detailed instructions on how to do this.
Sponsored