Sponsored

Boosted 10r80 Drivability

boostedblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Hi everyone, I have a @beefcake special supercharger kit, Vortech V3, tuned by Lund. Prior to this car was bone stock and these issues never happened.

I had gotten the kit installed, after the tuning was done, I went to go test it out a bit, noticed my paddle shifters had a huge delay on them.
Provided the same video below to Lund as well as a datalog. Dakota said he had never seen it before.

Video:

Anyways so far I've just dealt with it shifting bad with paddle shifters, but if anyone has any insight on how this can be fixed, please do tell.
I've been enjoying the kit for a while so a couple weeks back I had long tubes installed, not sure if there is any correlation but now my car is doing this while just cruising. Again I hit up Dakota and showed him a video and data log again and he said my throttle is just at a odd spot, give it more throttle so it upshifts. I asked if I needed any retune after headers, he said no. I trust my calibrator and that you only really need retunes for stuff that goes in not out, so again just dealing with it. It's at a point where it is annoying so if there is a fix, man would I love to have it.

Video:
Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Do you have any issues without the use of the paddle shifters? The computer will be quicker than we can be on the paddles, anyways, but we did often use them to put us in the gear we wanted to be prior to a hit.

OP
OP
boostedblue

boostedblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Do you have any issues without the use of the paddle shifters? The computer will be quicker than we can be on the paddles, anyways, but we did often use them to put us in the gear we wanted to be prior to a hit.
The only other problem I experienced was the second video of what looks like my converter giving a little slip and then locking up, over and over again.

The paddle shifters are so unresponsive under no load, when setting up a roll race and down shifting I have to wait 3-4 seconds before my rpms completely drop before my throttle allows any well, throttle.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
sounds like more of a "slip" than a delay

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Sooo snag a suncoast kit from ya, and hope it fixes itself out maybe? haha
the trans are strong, they can hold alot of power, its hard to say 100%, but thats what it sounds like to me