Boost leak on Vargas stage 2

OP
OP

DansEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP Mustang
so from graph I'm slow to start off, and only hit 19 at end, so from 3000rpm to 6000 rpm in 3rd.
Sponsored

OP
OP

DansEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP Mustang
I had mine for a few thousand miles now and no leak.
Thanks for info jungle, it's been real disappointing so far, hope between everyone I can come to a solution.

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Check to see if your Intercooler could be crack and leak. A smoke test will tell you everything. Should cost u like $10 to check at anyshop.

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
so from graph I'm slow to start off, and only hit 19 at end, so from 3000rpm to 6000 rpm in 3rd.
Where is it hitting peak boost ? If you just do a pull from a dead start, will it hit 19 psi boost in 1st gear and hold it through all the gears ? Your an Auto right ? Can you look at your logs or does your tuner have to look at them ?

OP
OP

DansEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP Mustang
Check to see if your Intercooler could be crack and leak. A smoke test will tell you everything. Should cost u like $10 to check at anyshop.
Sounds like a good idea.

Sponsored

OP
OP

DansEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP Mustang
Where is it hitting peak boost ? If you just do a pull from a dead start, will it hit 19 psi boost in 1st gear and hold it through all the gears ? Your an Auto right ? Can you look at your logs or does your tuner have to look at them ?
Yeah have not done any real data logs in 1st, since Adam has not asked for any, and no I'm manual, and yes have access to my own logs, and 19 does not come on till around 5000 but then it goes flat at 19. I have a log graph that I posted a few post back.

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Yeah have not done any real data logs in 1st, since Adam has not asked for any, and no I'm manual, and yes have access to my own logs, and 19 does not come on till around 5000 but then it goes flat at 19. I have a log graph that I posted a few post back.
I saw your log. I think your situation is on the average. My car with an auto does not hit full boost till 4500 to 5000, but holds strong, my shift drop is above 4500, so boost never falls below the targeted boost level. When you lug the engine in 3rd gear at 3000 RPM with this turbo, it will take a while to build boost. If you get after it in 1st gear, and shift as fast as you can, you might be able to keep boost up, but me not having a manual trans, that's just an opinion, other manual trans guys would have real data. I don't think you have a boost leak, this turbo just spools quite a bit slower than the stock turbo, but it makes great power. When Tony gets his Twin Scroll housing done, you'd obviously be a great candidate for that. All you can do for now is ask your tuner to command more boost, sure it wont come in till high RPM, but it will come in.

Edit : If boost lays flat up high, its pretty much telling you its commanded to be there, if you want more, the tuner has to command it on his end.

Last edited:

menaecoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost mustang black PP pack
I saw your log. I think your situation is on the average. My car with an auto does not hit full boost till 4500 to 5000, but holds strong, my shift drop is above 4500, so boost never falls below the targeted boost level. When you lug the engine in 3rd gear at 3000 RPM with this turbo, it will take a while to build boost. If you get after it in 1st gear, and shift as fast as you can, you might be able to keep boost up, but me not having a manual trans, that's just an opinion, other manual trans guys would have real data. I don't think you have a boost leak, this turbo just spools quite a bit slower than the stock turbo, but it makes great power. When Tony gets his Twin Scroll housing done, you'd obviously be a great candidate for that. All you can do for now is ask your tuner to command more boost, sure it wont come in till high RPM, but it will come in.

Edit : If boost lays flat up high, its pretty much telling you its commanded to be there, if you want more, the tuner has to command it on his end.
Absolutely right^, I have a manual trans and third gear pulls from that rpm do take a little while for boost to build up. But rowing quickly through the gears the car feels amazing and boost really doesn't drop a whole lot if you do it quick enough. I'm eager as hell to see some data from the twin scroll.

OP
OP

DansEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP Mustang

Adam and Tony have said I should be hitting 24psi, so I'm a bit confused, I have noted as others have said that it does pull like crazy if I get on it from first gear, I'm going to try and do some logs from first gear through, and see what happens, wonder why Adam has not recommended doing this, this is my first turbo car, so still learning.

Michele_Italy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost MT
do you have stock box or aftermarket cai ?

I have stock turbo, but I had a problem of boost pressure with my Cobb CAI.
Now with stock box I am running great.

Put on the stock

Sponsored

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Any links to the twin scroll?? I mean any discussion on it

OP
OP

DansEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP Mustang
do you have stock box or aftermarket cai ?

I have stock turbo, but I had a problem of boost pressure with my Cobb CAI.
Now with stock box I am running great.

Put on the stock
Hey Michele the intake is all stock for now, intake is vac anyway, not sure how you would have boost leak there.

Michele_Italy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost MT
I didn't mean you have a boost leak there, my EB had low boost because of the BOV that was always fluttering with the aftermarket intake.

OP
OP

DansEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP Mustang
I didn't mean you have a boost leak there, my EB had low boost because of the BOV that was always fluttering with the aftermarket intake.
Oh I see, k that makes sense.

OP
OP

DansEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP Mustang
Saw Boomba factory BOV underwater leak video, wonder if my factory BOV could be causing issues as well ? In video the oem valve leaks pretty good .
Sponsored