Sponsored

Bobs Machine Oil Separator - Rubbing Underside of Hood

Saxgod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2021 Bronco Sport Outerbanks
Hey Guys,

Purchased my 2018 GT350 with a bobs separator already installed. Love how this thing looks and from what I’ve read the build quality is one of the best.

The problem: on the passenger side the nut (in picture) rubs slightly on the underside of the hood and is causing wear on the nut and paint loss on the hood.

I can see someone seems to have tried to modify the bracket to drop the separator lower but its pretty much at the bottom of the slotted area. Anyone else had this issue? Maybe have a copy of the install instructions so i can double check my install? Any help is appreciated.

B1B9ABDB-75E2-4C13-9A30-E76BA47F0AC0.jpeg
Sponsored

Im_stil_WVMIKE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP
Hey Guys,

Purchased my 2018 GT350 with a bobs separator already installed. Love how this thing looks and from what I’ve read the build quality is one of the best.

The problem: on the passenger side the nut (in picture) rubs slightly on the underside of the hood and is causing wear on the nut and paint loss on the hood.

I can see someone seems to have tried to modify the bracket to drop the separator lower but its pretty much at the bottom of the slotted area. Anyone else had this issue? Maybe have a copy of the install instructions so i can double check my install? Any help is appreciated.

B1B9ABDB-75E2-4C13-9A30-E76BA47F0AC0.jpeg
I bent the bracket slightly.

OP
OP
Saxgod

Saxgod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2021 Bronco Sport Outerbanks
I bent the bracket slightly.
Thank you. It seemed pretty stout. I was afraid to break off the mounting bolt. I’ll try again with more muscle lol.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I'll take a shot, check to see if there is any clearance, underside. 2 thoughts, easiest way flip the L shape mounting bracket
Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 6.59.24 AM.png

The hard way not impossible. If the drain on the underside is hitting something . Remover it put on a 90* or 45* elbow and reinstall, that's a standard ACE hardware fitting. Could gain just enough room to get rid of the rubbing.

Small amounts of movement make big differences.

Careful that's aluminum and does not bend real easy. Would not even try that myself
Sponsored