mtb5020

Car RamRod
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
With a few days off for the Holidays, I decided it was time to tackle a few installs for the Mustang. First on the list were the BMR spherical vertical links I had ordered a couple of weeks ago. (http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=products&productid=1502&superpro=0) Install was generally simple, if you can remove the wheels, you can install a vert links kit. All bolts are easy to get to and get good leverage.

Initial impressions of the vert link kit was very good, comparisons to stock can be seen in the pictures.

Steps
Remove rear wheels
Remove 2 factory bolts holding vert link in place (keep the bottom bolt as it is needed to install BMR links)
Remove stock vert links, mine took a little persuading with a wood hammer
Insert BMR vert link, mine went in without issue
Insert stock bottom bolt
Insert BMR top bolt
-I re-used the factory nut on the top bolt because it had a larger flange
Tighten both bolts
Install rear wheels

This was an easy and satisfying install. After this I proceeded to install the BMR diff lockout kit, which wasn't quite as easy. With these two products installed, I noticed a difference in putting the power down on the road. The car was more stable and tended not to "squat" down and lift the front headlights as much as before. Can't say how much was the diff lockout kit and how much was the rear vert links, but this combo makes the car feel more stable. Highly recommend. Also, I personally didn't notice any NVH increase with these kits, even the spherical setup for the vert links.

Pictures:
BMR vs. Stock vert links top
BMR vs. Stocker vert links side
Stock Driver's side vert link installed
BMR Driver's side vert link installed
BMR Passenger side vert link installed
Stock vs BMR vert links.JPG
Stock ver BMR vert links side.JPG
Drivers side stock vert link.jpg
Drivers side BMR vert link installed.jpg
Passenger side BMR vert link installed.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
Thanks for the info I will be getting some BMR goodies for my GT. Cant wait to get them all on.

OP
OP
mtb5020

mtb5020

Car RamRod
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

Sponsored