Sponsored

BMR lockout cradle

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
As the title says. I have been looking for the BMR cradle lockout in the UK but have had no joy. I have managed to find it on American Muscle here;

http://www.americanmuscle.com/bmr-irs-lockoutk-kit-red-1516.html

My questions are;

1. Has anyone attempted to use the 6% forum discount code when ordering items to the UK?

2. Can anyone who has fitted the cradle lockout give me any further info I haven't already read or viewed from their own experience?

@Gibbo I am aware of your praise after studying your handling thread.

Cheers for reading.
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
1) i sent them a message 2 weeks ago and not heard anything back from them as there's some bits I want from there. Guy at nemesis should have them in "soon" he said he was expecting them in feb

OP
OP

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Cheers for the info. Will get in touch with Guy and save the bother of import taxes etc if he intends to get them in.

twold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 mustang fastback
I have had these fitted as the wheel hop seemed worse after Whipple install,and it appears to have totally cured it.Only negative is I appear to have acquired a faint high pitched humming sound from the rear at speeds between 50- 65 mph.

Sponsored

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
It certainly tightens up the rear for sure, a good additional mod to do when lowering because it will also centre the cradle.Personally I haven't heard or felt any more harshness with them installed.

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
Having mine done at Modurstang next Fri, along with a springs, spacers etc - I am looking forward to a difference but given I have only had it during the winter weeks (and driven it sensibly in the cold and wet) I may never truly experience the difference

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I have had these fitted as the wheel hop seemed worse after Whipple install,and it appears to have totally cured it.Only negative is I appear to have acquired a faint high pitched humming sound from the rear at speeds between 50- 65 mph.
The differential in these cars whine. Stuff like BMR lockout kit and diff bushing upgrades transfer the whine noise more into the cabin.

Mine does it at 55-70mph, so I either drive faster or turn the radio up. :D

I never actually noticed the whine until I drove the car with no rear seats in, then I heard it, put the seats back in and I still hear it, LOL. :(

OP
OP

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Cheers for the info on the whine Gibbo. Not too concerned about it as won't be removing the back seats. The fact that it's only a cheap mod means that if it does piss me off I won't feel too bad removing it.

Thanks to all for the great info.

CapitanPug

Big Bear
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Audi A5, Mitsibushi L200
Toecutter,
Have you tried looking on Ebay? or Summit Racing?
I fitted BMR CB005, CB006 & Front/Rear Sway Bars (SB044 & SB045) in November, feels much more planted, but I have still to get a good 'race mode' play with it due to the damp conditions.
I've got a spare set of the BMR front & rear sway bars if your interested :D

Sponsored

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
I fitted BMR CB005, CB006 & Front/Rear Sway Bars (SB044 & SB045) in November, feels much more planted, but I have still to get a good 'race mode' play with it due to the damp conditions.:D
I've got just the road for you Big Bear, when it's nice and dry. Going to get new rubber soon and set the FRPP sway bars to amore aggressive setting. I'll need to have a think about the lock out cradles :confused:

666mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT cars name (HAMMER)
Whipple makes more noise than the diff bush kit but this mod is a must
There are other mods in that aria that also need doing to completely eradicate hop
All listed on @gibbos post, only thing I'd add if your doing Anti roll bars do the drop links
Too stock ones are week BMR do adjustable ones with Greece nipples very nice.

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Whipple makes more noise than the diff bush kit but this mod is a must
There are other mods in that aria that also need doing to completely eradicate hop
All listed on @gibbos post, only thing I'd add if your doing Anti roll bars do the drop links
Too stock ones are week BMR do adjustable ones with Greece nipples very nice.
Do you adjust these the same length as stock end links?
Sponsored