Bmr CB005 and steeda LCA tips

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red
It took me 1.5 hours to install steeda jack rails to give you an idea what an inexperienced wrench I am.

I do have the steeda bmr alignment kit too for the cb005.

Just looking for any tips you all can think of, anything that caused you grief or you considered one of those "doh" moments.

Wish me luck.

I'm also doing springs fwiw front and back if it matters.

The compression tool I rented from Auto Zone has me a little concerned as it just compresses the spring from one side rather than the one shown on American muscle that compresses from both sides.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Also, if anyone got any torque specs handy for this stuff we can be bff's.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
It took me 1.5 hours to install steeda jack rails to give you an idea what an inexperienced wrench I am.

I do have the steeda bmr alignment kit too for the cb005.

Just looking for any tips you all can think of, anything that caused you grief or you considered one of those "doh" moments.

Wish me luck.

I'm also doing springs fwiw front and back if it matters.

The compression tool I rented from Auto Zone has me a little concerned as it just compresses the spring from one side rather than the one shown on American muscle that compresses from both sides.
1. - you rented the wrong compressor (ask me how I know :lol:) - Make sure it is the strut spring compressor (auto zone or pepboys). Should be 2 pieces.

2. I installed the cb005 a year ago, and last week went to install the steeda alignment pins...... My experience, f the alignment pins. Pain in the arsh to install with the cb005. The cboo5 does a good enough job aligning the cradle. If I had to do over again, I would not have wasted the hours trying to install the alignment pins

OP
OP

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Well I failed miserably. Step one on the front bmr install and I couldn't even complete step 1 here.
http://www.americanmuscle.com/bmr-performance-low-springs-1516-manu-install.html

Got the top off, couldn't get the bottom off. Spent 200 bucks on jack, jack stands, cross bar lift for jack and jack stand plastic and I wish I'd started yesterday.

Moms wedding messed that up, I'm getting some quotes from some reputable people here in town but considering trying again first thing next Saturday.

I realized I actually did get right strut compressor, didn't realize there were two pieces.

CrazedAntelope

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Be wary of trying to clock your rubber bushings at home. It makes the job so much harder.
Sponsored