raasnio

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
My 2019 Mustang GT Premium has the stock radio, but the rest of the audio system is upgraded. Focal speakers, JL subwoofer, an amp, and an audio control unit that keeps everything dialed in whether I change out the battery or whatever.

When I play music directly from a USB flash drive, it sounds incredible. I listen to a variety of music which mostly includes electronic, new wave, metal, ambient, and ebm/industrial.

The trouble is when I play music via bluetooth from my phone (samsung Note20 Ultra 5G) to my car, it never sounds as good. It sounds as though it isn't as deep or as full. Definitely more tinny or something like that. I have tried googling this issue to no avail as the question is commonly met with answers like, "upgrade your audio system" and "music playback via bluetooth is just as high a quality as CD or mp3".

I have tested this using the same exact tracks via bluetooth and the flash drive and it's definitely different. The music I tested it with was from Duran Duran, Massive Attack, Run the Jewels, Slayer, and Skinny Puppy. It's really only an issue because I recently installed Car Thing from Spotify and it allows me to play whatever I want while I drive. The stock radio only allows me to change music from the flash drive when I'm at a full stop.
Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Bluetooth can have higher than garbage audio quality, but it requires both the source and receiver devices to use the correct codecs and formats. If either does not, then it falls back to the default codec that was really just designed for phone calls. I don’t know what codecs are supported with the mustang systems, but I would be surprised if they were the most modern. That’s an over simplified explanation, but gets the idea across.

Brokestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Try checking the equalizer that's in your phone. It controls the playback from the phone when using Bluetooth.

perryjanie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt350
I've noticed the same thing in my car too. One thing you could try is tweaking the audio settings on your phone and car to see if it makes any difference. But honestly, I usually stick to playing music from a USB drive or Spotify, as it's more consistent.

I've got this killer playlist on Spotify with loads of electronic, new wave, and industrial tracks that got lots of love thanks to songlifty.com. Super cool site for boosting playlists and tracks!
Sponsored

Last edited: