whokilledkaji

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
Hello all,
I'm getting a strange squeaking noise from my rear passenger speaker. I don't get it on all songs, just a few specific songs that have quick bass lines. I can't really explain the sound. Should I take a video or something?

I really thought the speaker was blown, but a friend said he thinks the trim is just loose or maybe the speaker needs to be tightened down since it doesn't happen on all songs.

Anybody have any ideas? The noise is pretty annoying.
I saw a thread that talked about removing the rear deck, but I can't find it now.
Does anybody know how to take the trim off so I can check the speaker?
Sponsored

RedRaider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP
I am having this as well, I am curious as to what you find out. It is worth noting I have the 401A package.

OP
OP
whokilledkaji

whokilledkaji

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
401A is for the shaker pro on a GT?
I have the shaker pro on an ecoboost.
I should have mentioned that!

OP
OP
whokilledkaji

whokilledkaji

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
Anybody else with a Shaker pro experiencing this?
Any information or help would be appreciated!

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
201a is the Shaker Pro on the EcoBoost.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Sponsored

flying dutchman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.microseconds.com
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow GT / 1966 GT Convertable
Mine just started, what sounds like vibrating, its actually pretty loud, but also only with certain songs. It's is on the passenger side. I am going to go on a ride with somebody else driving, so I can see/hear exactly where it is coming from. I am going to mention to dealer the next time I bring it in.

OP
OP
whokilledkaji

whokilledkaji

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
Mine just started, what sounds like vibrating, its actually pretty loud, but also only with certain songs. It's is on the passenger side. I am going to go on a ride with somebody else driving, so I can see/hear exactly where it is coming from. I am going to mention to dealer the next time I bring it in.
Exactly the same problem. And yes, mine is a 201A.

I also took my friend out and he thinks it's the trim or that the speaker is loose. He doesn't think it's blown. He's pretty good with car audio, but we didn't have time to really look into it.

Mine started at around 1,000 miles. I never had the volume up that high either.

I'm on a business trip now, so it'll be a few days until I can really look at it.

So that makes three people with a similar issue.
Please post if you have a similar problem, information or find a solution.

Thanks!!!

OP
OP
whokilledkaji

whokilledkaji

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
Found a good video that shows how to remove the rear trim.

I'll try to do this myself before the weekend.

tripat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium w/ PP
I am having this issue as well. I loaded up a song that produced the sound pretty bad then climbed in the back seat and just held the carpeted deck down and it went away. Mine has a lot of play and sits fairly loosely on the deck so now I need to figure out how to firm it up back there.

OP
OP
whokilledkaji

whokilledkaji

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
I am having this issue as well. I loaded up a song that produced the sound pretty bad then climbed in the back seat and just held the carpeted deck down and it went away. Mine has a lot of play and sits fairly loosely on the deck so now I need to figure out how to firm it up back there.
Thanks for your findings!

Perhaps some thick double sided tape? Maybe some foam wedged in there to keep it taught?

I haven't looked yet, so I don't know how much space there is.

Sponsored

bstreet5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Street
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem OF (on order)
I just started to hear the same noise today. Mine appeared to be coming from the sub woofer in the trunk. I could grab it and push and pull and it made the squeaking/chirping sound. I tightened 3 bolts holding it in. Appears to have taken care of mine...at least for now. There are 2 bolts at the base (you will see 2 holes in the carpet) and one larger star drive bolt higher up towards the rear of the car.

OP
OP
whokilledkaji

whokilledkaji

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
I just started to hear the same noise today. Mine appeared to be coming from the sub woofer in the trunk. I could grab it and push and pull and it made the squeaking/chirping sound. I tightened 3 bolts holding it in. Appears to have taken care of mine...at least for now. There are 2 bolts at the base (you will see 2 holes in the carpet) and one larger star drive bolt higher up towards the rear of the car.
Interesting. I was thinking it might be the trim, but the sub seems to be a good place to check first. It's been a busy week, so I haven't investigated anything yet, but I'll check the bolts on the sub tonight!

Thanks!

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
I thought I was going crazy...I've got the same exact noise coming from the rear. Only happens on quick hitting bass-y music.

Gotta check the sub.

This forum is fantastic btw.

OP
OP
whokilledkaji

whokilledkaji

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
I fixed the BSR (Buzz, Squeak, Rattle) issue on my car this afternoon. I'm not sure if this will apply to everybody who has a similar issue, but it might be worth a try.

I found that on my car the noise was coming from the trim inside the trunk just above the subwoofer. (My sub wasn't loose at all upon investigation.) This trim is held on by magnets and super easy to pull down. I wedged a towel as far back into the space as I could to absorb the vibration. (Sorry, but the picture self orients to landscape, but I took it in portrait.)

So far it sounds perfect. (Well, as good as the shaker pro can sound...) I hope this helps!!!
image.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: