petstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT350 TP Magnetic w OTT Black Stripes
Hello,

I am finally in a position to give my view on the performance of the BG products combo kit for the GT350 TP transmission and rear axle fluids that I ordered from Optimum Performance. In fact I ordered the kit already for my previous 16'GT PP but never performed the fluid swap and when I got the GT350 and reached out to Optimum Performance they send me the missing quarts of fluid completely free of charge, including the instructions for the Shelby !

First the the Synchroshift II Gear Oil (75w90) for the transmission. The swap was done two months ago but right from the start, I clearly felt an improvement over the OEM fluid when the car was cold. My GT350 is my daily driver and cold shifting was pretty sturdy. Now, even with the cold temperatures we are having right now, shifting is extremely smooth at startup. When the car heats up, the difference is less pronounced, to be honest it is difficult to tell the difference. But the better cold shifting works for me.

The Ultra Guard fluid for the rear axle went in today. The technician who did the swap told me that the OEM rear axle fluid came out pitch black and there were small metal pieces in it. But here comes the best part, before the fluid change I had a clear whining noise in the rear of the car ( rear axle ?) at specific from 35 to 40 mph speeds when I was in the higher gears. This whining noise is completely gone now.

So for me this swap is very positive overall.

Happy holidays to all and happy and safe 2017
Peter
Sponsored

rancherogt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350 Track Pack, 07 Volvo V70, 82 f350
How many miles do you have on your car?

I almost got to 14k before I put my Shelby up for the winter I might have Ford do this while there changing out the oil cooler lines in the spring.

OP
OP
petstang

petstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT350 TP Magnetic w OTT Black Stripes
How many miles do you have on your car?

I almost got to 14k before I put my Shelby up for the winter I might have Ford do this while there changing out the oil cooler lines in the spring.
I have almost 3.5k miles

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
It's a good idea to change the fluids after a few thousand miles or 2-3 track days. Ford really recommends changing the rear fluid out after the first hour on track. The rear usually has a good amount of break-in metal during the first few changes. The transmission, (Ford typically recommends after every track day) after changing to a better fluid usually holds up well unless it is overheated. ATF is not ideal for a manual transmission.