Sponsored

Best Rear tires for Drag GT 350

Jrwimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT Competition Orange
Hey Guys!

I have a stock 2016 Gt350, i drag almost every week in the summer with my grandfather on a non prepped track. As you can imagine with the stock tires, i spin basically all the way down the track.

What are the best rear tires / drag radials for this car? Would prefer to keep stock rims - Price really doesn't matter

Thanks so much!!
Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Hey Guys!

I have a stock 2016 Gt350, i drag almost every week in the summer with my grandfather on a non prepped track. As you can imagine with the stock tires, i spin basically all the way down the track.

What are the best rear tires / drag radials for this car? Would prefer to keep stock rims - Price really doesn't matter

Thanks so much!!
The best tire that isn't going to feel spongy is the R888R, but it has wear rate as bad or worse than the Cup2's.

The 555RII and the ET Street are kinda which camp you believe but both are gonna make the car/rear feel a little unsettled.

In my opinion, putting the DR's on a 19" wheel is kinda a half measure. It's not going to solve all the issues though because it's a thin profile.

Ideally, to get grip, you need a wide tire with a fat sidewall (to flex) that you can run at lower pressure (low enough to give spin on rim and unbalancing issues).

Unless you buy a set of 18" wheels from SIgnature (which is what I plan to do) or even better do a rear brake swap, and run even smaller wheels.

You can slap on a 19" DR, but I feel like the reductions in ride quality aren't worth the marginal improvements in grip.
Sponsored