Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
Absolutely wrong. If no one buys a car with an ADM, the price will fall to a level that's acceptable to a buyer. The dealers who refuse to respond the marketplace are called owners, hanging onto special vehicles sometimes for years - hoping that the one special buyer who has a different concept of the value of money than you or I will stroll through the door. Unfortunately, a lot of those buyers are strolling in the dealer doors now.

Uhh riiiiiight. Keep thinking that and you'll start to believe it.

I'll make a call on it. The first couple will sell ... the rest will sit. And then the buyers market begins.
Sponsored

VoodooMaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Big 3
That's funny, because I don't recall any dealers calling me and asking "Hey buyer, what would you like the price to be on a GT350". ??? If they did adhere to your concept...we'd all be getting it at a far more attractive price that falls in line with the claims from Ford of the car being surprisingly affordable.
Sounds like somebody needs to take a macroeconomics course and get a better understanding of supply and demand and market economics.

You alone are not the market - you represent a part of the market (a very small part). If a dealer did call you - AND EVERY prospective buyer - and asked what you would be WILLING to pay, they could get the absolute maximum price for each and every vehicle they have available for sale. In reality, it doesn't work like that. Dealers charging ADM estimate what they believe they can get for the cars they have available (based on past experience and their knowledge of their customer base) and set the ASKING price accordingly. If they underestimate, they lose profit. If they overestimate, they get stuck with cars sitting there and they either have to hold onto the inventory indefinitely waiting for values to somehow increase - or they have to lower the price to a point someone is willing to pay now.

Using beefcake as an example, it appears his dealership has 3 of 4 allocated units sold at $7500 over MSRP. If he had asked $10k, perhaps all 3 would still be sold - perhaps only 1 (or none). The fact that ANY are "sold" at this point at that price level is evidence enough that there is a market for the cars at that price.

In reality. We set nothing.
Incorrect. We (buyers) along WITH the dealers set the TRANSACTION prices.

What the seller anticipates and projects is what that seller asks for. Regardless of what we want.
Correct. The seller decides what to ASK for. Doesn't mean they'll get it. They only get it if there is someone in the market willing to pay it.

At any given point in time, for every price point there is a pool of buyers of a certain size. Maximized profits come when the price is set where the size of the buyer pool (DEMAND) matches the number of available products (SUPPLY).

You have a certain price that YOU think is fair, reasonable, and affordable. But considering the entire market, unfortunately the majority can't even afford this car. But unfortunately for you and many others, there are buyers who can afford and are willing to pay more. There is a market at the elevated prices (at least until the supply catches up with the demand).

If and when the supply catches up with and surpasses the demand, THEN the cars will be available below MSRP (which is the subject of this thread).

Last edited:

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I can tell you this.

I have had 3 dealers try to call and buy our allocation since I posted on fb yesterday at 7500 over like it was no big deal, especially the r.

the regs are sold, but I'm being told now the r is probably going to have to be 15k over with all the dealers trying to buy it

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
duplicate

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 Ruby red GT350
I'm glad i could negociate $800 below MSRP here north of the border.

So i got my base Shelby for $61800cdn. Which ain't bad at all if you consider the price difference with US prices.

No ADM and below MSRP i think is a good deal. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Your ADM is built in just being canadian lol

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Right off the bat they are building 2.5x as many GT350's than the 50th LE Mustang. The R will be the ADM king, but the regular GT350 allocations should be able to be had under MSRP by next spring. Much in line with the regular Boss 302 and GT500.

TexanZSG21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Right off the bat they are building 2.5x as many GT350's than the 50th LE Mustang. The R will be the ADM king, but the regular GT350 allocations should be able to be had under MSRP by next spring. Much in line with the regular Boss 302 and GT500.
This is the first time I've followed a new car that is so popular, when this happens and demand slows down, can you typically still option one out and get it to your liking or do you kind of have to wait for the dealers to start getting them and sitting on lots before one can be had? I know beggars can't be choosers in this kind of situation but when you've been fawning over a car like this for so long in a particular color and setup, it kind of ruins it when you can't get it the way you've been hoping for. I would absolutely still pick one up but that Avalanche Grey with no stripes is just calling my name!

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
This is the first time I've followed a new car that is so popular, when this happens and demand slows down, can you typically still option one out and get it to your liking or do you kind of have to wait for the dealers to start getting them and sitting on lots before one can be had? I know beggars can't be choosers in this kind of situation but when you've been fawning over a car like this for so long in a particular color and setup, it kind of ruins it when you can't get it the way you've been hoping for. I would absolutely still pick one up but that Avalanche Grey with no stripes is just calling my name!
It depends, some dealers might be sitting on some longer than they would like and some might have allocations that have yet to be filled that you could build to order. My 13 Boss and 10/14 Shelby were ordered to my specs well under MSRP. My 2011 GT500 was bought off the showroom floor. Then again I go through cars like toilet paper so there is a strong chance the dealer I buy it from is also going to sell it again when it's traded in. Plus they get my daily driver business. There are a lot of factors that go into what deal a person can get.

Last edited:

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You donā€™t want to know
My fearless prediction: Before too long, Ford will declare the 2016s as being a sellout. The question is, how many will be bought by real buyers and how many will be "bought" by dealers.

BTW, I know a Chevy dealer who still has a new 2011 Neiman Marcus Camaro Convertible 2SS for sale for $75K. He was a buyer. :eyebulge:

Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
My fearless prediction: Before too long, Ford will declare the 2016s as being a sellout. The question is, how many will be bought by real buyers and how many will be "bought" by dealers.

BTW, I know a Chevy dealer who still has a new 2011 Neiman Marcus Camaro Convertible 2SS for sale for $75K. He was a buyer. :eyebulge:
There are always a few dealers out there where the owner wants a show piece and slaps on an ADM they know they won't get, but values the traffic the car brings in.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You donā€™t want to know
Nope. I'd call it an "oops." It's hidden from the world; I don't know anyone who's seen it for years. His show cars are, however, highly visible - and they're much more interesting (and valuable) than this oddly painted Camaro.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I called one of the larger dealers about an hour from me, they said they had 5 cars allocated, all already sold, at MSRP

FUUUUUU

Special50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th Anniversary Special Edition
I called one of the larger dealers about an hour from me, they said they had 5 cars allocated, all already sold, at MSRP

FUUUUUU
Wow in CA? :frusty:

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Just did some more scouring, seems 50/50 on dealers who know how many they are gettin g and who are still waiting.

I had 2 diff dealers say they have cars, but both asking 20k over :dead:
Sponsored