Sponsored

Base Model With PP - Rear Diffuser Color

gatorlangman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2015 Mustang GT Base -Performance Package
Hi Guys,

Got a quick question for you, Say you have a red one, do you know if the rear diffuser is black and red or just red?

If it would be all red, have you seen anyone that has painted it to look like the premium models?
Sponsored

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem PP DIB; 2022 M1 Prem 700A HP EG
Hi Guys,

Got a quick question for you, Say you have a red one, do you know if the rear diffuser is black and red or just red?

If it would be all red, have you seen anyone that has painted it to look like the premium models?
The entire rear bumper cover on a base car will be body color regardless of whether the car is equipped with the performance package. I haven't personally seen one with the diffuser panel painted black, but the lines are there to make that a relatively simple and inexpensive upgrade.

OP
OP

gatorlangman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2015 Mustang GT Base -Performance Package
Thank you,

I wasn't thinking about painting the entire thing black, just the part that is black on the premium models. After some searching I found this where someone painted the entire thing black:

http://themustangsource.com/forums/f806/base-rear-bumper-valance-blackout-535827/

Now I was thinking, if someone gets in an accident and needs to replace their rear bumper on a 2015 gt premium, that part has to be available to purchase from ford, I wonder how much it would cost for one? I also wonder if it would have to be painted by a body shop. I also wonder if it would fit on the base model?

Thank you!

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
http://themustangsource.com/forums/f806/base-rear-bumper-valance-blackout-535827/

Now I was thinking, if someone gets in an accident and needs to replace their rear bumper on a 2015 gt premium, that part has to be available to purchase from ford, I wonder how much it would cost for one? I also wonder if it would have to be painted by a body shop. I also wonder if it would fit on the base model?

Thank you!
That looks good what he did I just don't want to paint mine but I'm tempted.

Yes, you can order the premium bumper. Not sure on cost. You would have to cut your car's bumper as its all one piece.
Sponsored